"Observations" of a cross-country skiing excursion:

DSCF0111.JPG

Farm's just yonder over the hill...and snow... :roll:

DSCF0112.JPG

Wow, a bush....and more snow... :roll: :roll:

DSCF0113.JPG

My ski tracks in..........yep that's right...snow.... :roll:

DSCF0114.JPG

Dog or Coyote? (followed on top of a skidoo track...tracks are old, btw.)

DSCF0116.JPG

Sun reflecting off................snow................<sigh>

(I know, I know, they're pretty boring. :roll: But what the heck. ;-) )

Shoot,I had to heat up my "bean sock" in the microwave last night after seeing all those snow photos yesterday!! At least it doesn't attack my toes like the cats.... :lol:

peg4x4":1kndyi2p said:
Shoot,I had to heat up my "bean sock" in the microwave last night after seeing all those snow photos yesterday!! At least it doesn't attack my toes like the cats.... :lol:

I know I've led a sheltered life, but what the heck is a "bean sock"?

warpaint":37x7fv80 said:
peg4x4":37x7fv80 said:

You take a tube sock, fill it full of beans or rice, tie a knot in the top and heat in the microwave. Sort of a substitute hot water bottle only lot more pliable. Try it, you will
like it.

At least you still have snow....we've been getting warm rain from the southwest, melted the snow unfortunately the ground is still frozen six inches down. The cows look to be a bit shorter than usual...DMc

Green Creek":wwe6j44c said:
warpaint":wwe6j44c said:
peg4x4":wwe6j44c said:

You take a tube sock, fill it full of beans or rice, tie a knot in the top and heat in the microwave. Sort of a substitute hot water bottle only lot more pliable. Try it, you will
like it.

Lentils work best...seem to hold the heat longer..also safe with kids,as won't wrinkle and burn them,as long as not left on microwave too long..BUT you will smell that problem.. :lol:

Latest posts