SNOW - WINTER WEATHER

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't think I've seen wind like this in the 8 years I've been on the farm. Definitely not for this long. I am going to get on the roof when this is over and check screws. Have heard some rattling. Power was in and out all night.

Aren't you glad you don't have all those head of cattle to deal with??? How is the red/white cow doing with the grafted on calf?
She was standing in the trailer this morning with her black calf. Her own calf was playing in the snow in the pen. They go back to the lease place soon as I can!

Starting this Friday it's gonna get pretty brutal here. Lows below 0

Already got hay put out. Enough to last the girls a couple weeks!

2.3 inches of rain . Wind howled all night ! We have woods on the north side of our house so we are a little protected. Young couple that lives across the road had several sheets of metal to blow off their house . Cut the power line and phone lines to their house . Twins calves from the triples and mom were snug and dry in the temporary pen we made under the hay barn .

A couple inches of snow this morning. Not a lot of wind. But between frozen cow turds, the fresh snow, and snowing hard while I was feed it wasn't a lot of fun feeding this morning. Still feeling the affects of the flu. That doesn't help. Fever is gone just feeling mighty wimpy.

-24C here this morning, -37C with the wind chill. Cows were hiding but came on the run once I started putting out feed. I'm sure I broke some sort of cow whispering rule there…
Tomorrow its supposed to be cooler and still windy so will maybe feed in a more sheltered spot.
I actually thought I was taking video (I guess I'm turning into one of those old people that screw up techy things) but all I took was a picture. It's too bad because the way they came in on the high trot bucking and kicking made quite a sight.
IMG_2930.jpeg

Okay, call me "Boomer". I'll see you next spring.
These temperatures will bring a halt to my road work.
The below average temperatures and crazy wind, coupled with a heavy mix of snow/sleet and rain/freezing fog have prompted my cows into sudden death overtime on the hay. I am not excited about the next several days.

God bless you freaks in Canada:ROFLMAO:
083E2D57-F511-4C70-AD80-78C63896B4E2.png

This last one just missed us. Had some pretty good gusts but just rain and a little slush falling as the sun set. Started my day the same way.

-24C here this morning, -37C with the wind chill. Cows were hiding but came on the run once I started putting out feed. I'm sure I broke some sort of cow whispering rule there…
Tomorrow its supposed to be cooler and still windy so will maybe feed in a more sheltered spot.
I actually thought I was taking video (I guess I'm turning into one of those old people that screw up techy things) but all I took was a picture. It's too bad because the way they came in on the high trot bucking and kicking made quite a sight.
View attachment 39338
Oh the horror. Unimaginable stress.

Only -8 c steady and been snowing for 36 hours now. Total depth of snow at 4 pm was 11 inches. Glad to have the snow and we will get through the 3 days of cool weather they are predicting.
IMG_6093.pngIMG_1247.jpeg

Latest posts