Snow/Ice Storm

Help Support CattleToday:

snapped a few pic before I head out to plow ... Everyone stay warm and be safe

ResizedImage_1453476063946_zpspx1nzc6n.jpg

ResizedImage_1453476063394_zpsbcpzfugi.jpg

We had some freezing rain last night, but not enough to cause power-line issues. It changed to snow early this morning and it has snowed all day. We've got 9 inches so far. Mail isn't even going in some places.

skyhightree1":1cnzu5vx said:
I wish everyone that this storm is going to affect to be safe and prepare yourself for this storm coming. I have been pretreating the roads here and fed up this morning. Check all your generators to make sure they are functioning it looks like it can be pretty nasty.

Best wishes to everyone who has the responsiblity to get out and care for livestock. Sometimes the best policy is to feed 'em plenty beforehand in a protected spot and then leave them alone until the storm passes ;-)

What do you mean by "pretreating the roads" :?: Does that mean you put salt/CaCl down before it starts snowing :?: :?: :?:

Angus Cowman":14pcdjhq said:
Nice and pleasant here in Fl

Shhhhhhh! We dont' want to rub it in :idea:

Not bragging, but temps in the Black Hills are supposed to get into the 40's and 50's today :hide: Won't get out that warm here but likely get above freezing :banana:

Back to normal temps tomorrow and chance of snow :roll: Anything on the right side of 0 is fine with me this time of year :D

rollinhills":3oidzqjr said:
snowing 100mph here just got to get in it gonna check the cows then see if I can see some yotes to shoot. Something bout snow, 4 wheel drive and a gun makes a hillbilly be foolish.
100 mph winds should make for some real trick shots too.

TN Cattle Man":1sd5mbzt said:
It even looks like we could get quite a bit of snow here in TN!! Be safe everyone and go get your bread and milk!! :D

You guys DO HAVE COWS you know!.. or at least I thought you did :p

Got a little ice and a foot of snow. Cows looked pretty rough with snow and ice on yesterday. They are dry now thankfuly because five is the temp tonight!

littletom":228v2fe0 said:
Got a little ice and a foot of snow. Cows looked pretty rough with snow and ice on yesterday. They are dry now thankfuly because five is the temp tonight!

I can take the cold, but the wind here blowed like a brimmer bull all day long and it was 34. Wind chill had to be in the single digits. I know you boys north of here are used to worse, but for us today was a system shock :lol2:

I have to admit I get a perverse chuckle outa the whole thing . If it's Andrew, Ike or Rita it's a hurricane that blew through the south. If it blows through the Northeast it's "SuperStorm Sandy" ! The bare minimal hurricane.

John SD":10y2oequ said:
skyhightree1":10y2oequ said:
I wish everyone that this storm is going to affect to be safe and prepare yourself for this storm coming. I have been pretreating the roads here and fed up this morning. Check all your generators to make sure they are functioning it looks like it can be pretty nasty.

Best wishes to everyone who has the responsiblity to get out and care for livestock. Sometimes the best policy is to feed 'em plenty beforehand in a protected spot and then leave them alone until the storm passes ;-)

What do you mean by "pretreating the roads" :?: Does that mean you put salt/CaCl down before it starts snowing :?: :?: :?:

We put down a salt water brine on the state roads before it snows.

skyhightree1":3glwq2tv said:
ga.prime":3glwq2tv said:
SHOCK and AWE guy appears to have been driving too fast for conditions.

Most definitely.. I wonder how much crap he tore up underneath on that ride.
Looks like he got it in reverse, so I guess he hasn't broke his gear shift cable yet.

ga.prime":2bnzac2f said:
skyhightree1":2bnzac2f said:
ga.prime":2bnzac2f said:
SHOCK and AWE guy appears to have been driving too fast for conditions.

Most definitely.. I wonder how much crap he tore up underneath on that ride.
Looks like he got it in reverse, so I guess he hasn't broke his gear shift cable yet.

:lol2: The spot that's at is not a place to play around in and he found out quickly. Its coming down a hill and curvy.. .Speed control is your best friend.. Just because you have a jacked up truck and mud tires doesn't mean you can speed...

Latest posts