Snow/Ice Storm

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I wish everyone that this storm is going to affect to be safe and prepare yourself for this storm coming. I have been pretreating the roads here and fed up this morning. Check all your generators to make sure they are functioning it looks like it can be pretty nasty.

Good advice Sky. Also don't travel if you don't have to. I called my trip to KY off this weekend because of the weather. It's your responsibility to keep yourself safe.

Thanks.. I opened barn doors and sheds incase the calves want to get out the snow I doubt the cows will go in there.

TN Cattle Man":6oh27maz said:
It even looks like we could get quite a bit of snow here in TN!! Be safe everyone and go get your bread and milk!! :D

I need milk too and there's none at any stores around here yet.

We're on the edge of whatever is coming, and already had a few inches on the ground. I hope it misses us, but I am planning accordingly. Filling up the generator now.

TN Cattle Man":171013ay said:
It even looks like we could get quite a bit of snow here in TN!! Be safe everyone and go get your bread and milk!! :D
I was thinking beer, ice, summer sausage and cheese. :lol2:

TexasBred":16q68n7i said:
TN Cattle Man":16q68n7i said:
I was thinking beer, ice, summer sausage and cheese. :lol2:

I got 2 gallons of milk to keep in the truck with me while im plowing.

With any luck they will be as wrong for you as they were for us. One day it supposed to be 1-2 inches of snow, got a quarter inch of ice, no snow. Last night it was supposed to be ice with no snow and starting around 11 pm. Started at 6 am this morning, got about 1/2 inch of snow, no ice.

dun":wqapbeyu said:
With any luck they will be as wrong for you as they were for us. One day it supposed to be 1-2 inches of snow, got a quarter inch of ice, no snow. Last night it was supposed to be ice with no snow and starting around 11 pm. Started at 6 am this morning, got about 1/2 inch of snow, no ice.

You can keep the ice, but send the snow this way :)

12 here today, lovely :)

1wlimo":3t8epe0k said:
dun":3t8epe0k said:

A foot of snow beats the snot out of 1/4 inch of ice!

1wlimo":1t3tk46a said:
dun":1t3tk46a said:

It is 51 and raining hard here. The weather model shows this storm drifting toward the Northeast, more north than east.

Dave":ptz9utl1 said:
1wlimo":ptz9utl1 said:
dun":ptz9utl1 said:

It is 51 and raining hard here. The weather model shows this storm drifting toward the Northeast, more north than east.

Not snow or rain here forecast for the next 10 days. Has to come a long way to reach here. But looks like we will have a melt next week, and that is not so nice.

Bigfoot":60cjfsl6 said:
We're on the edge of whatever is coming, and already had a few inches on the ground. I hope it misses us, but I am planning accordingly. Filling up the generator now.
Just saw your forecast, about like mine. they are saying up to ten inches. We had about 2 on the ground.

A little sleet or freezing rain during the overnight hours but mostly heavy snowfall and gusty winds here. I'm dreading the trip down the road to the barn, where I got a cow calf pair locked up. It was born the other morning in single digit weather, thankfully I think
I saved it's ears and tail. Hauled it around in the truck with the heater on, put it in the house, fed it colostrum, got it in the barn with momma, and finally got it nursing momma. Now I got to get down there to feed momma. Good luck to all the rest facing this weather event.

Latest posts