Smucker Mfg Weed Wiper for ATV

Help Support CattleToday:

BC":1avqhln1 said:
4x4dually":1avqhln1 said:
I'm going to have to resort to GPS. Do you know how many ragweed stripes there are in my pasture currently? LOL Looks like a drunk sprayed it....and I was trying really hard to not skip.

Just tell folks those are control strips to let you know the herbicide was really working. Since we have mostly goatweed, I tell folks that they are wildlife food plots.
At least that is believable. My nearest neighbor about cried when I was late spraying and killed all the goatweed in 2011 before dove season.

I was talking with a co-worker here at the office a few days ago about apps and spraying and GPS and junk. I told him I had a few stripes in my field....then he sends me an arial of his just now. I told him he really shouldn't spray when drunk. I think I could slam a bottle of Jager and still do better than this. LOL We were discussing once you turn, get lined up and overlap a tad, then pick a tree or post to drive to in order to help keep you straight. My problem is, when I turn around to look at the PSI or nozzles, I turn slightly then screw up my rows....but not THIS bad. LOL

DJI_0020_zpsyadstmts.jpg

4x4dually":1n45iycr said:
I was talking with a co-worker here at the office a few days ago about apps and spraying and GPS and junk. I told him I had a few stripes in my field....then he sends me an arial of his just now. I told him he really shouldn't spray when drunk. I think I could slam a bottle of Jager and still do better than this. LOL We were discussing once you turn, get lined up and overlap a tad, then pick a tree or post to drive to in order to help keep you straight. My problem is, when I turn around to look at the PSI or nozzles, I turn slightly then screw up my rows....but not THIS bad. LOL

DJI_0020_zpsyadstmts.jpg
Without the foam marker my rows zigzag too. Brush hogging, cutting hay, disking, whatever. If I took over my left shoulder, most of the time I zig left, if I look over my right shoulder I zag right. That's why I like the foam marker, I can catch my FUBARs quickly

Brute 23":4oxy47si said:
Your phone an older phone? That's how they get you. The new version may not like your old phone.
not really that old but in cellphone years it prolly a senior citizen. I uninstalled it and rebooted the phone then downloaded it again and have it working at the moment

This year Im having to shred most of the hay fields. When I do it again later in the year Im going to hose clamp some pvc pipe to the front that is the same width as the bat wing shredder. Get tired of looking back so much. See if it will help any.

Brute 23":2qd36dvi said:
This year Im having to shred most of the hay fields. When I do it again later in the year Im going to hose clamp some pvc pipe to the front that is the same width as the bat wing shredder. Get tired of looking back so much. See if it will help any.
I just go by how far the front tire in from the cut edge.

Brute 23":2utjjaqz said:
Ya I do the same but over time my eyes start playing tricks on me. I end up looking back to double check myself. Doing it for 8-10hrs a day gets old.
I usually notice it on my next pass. If it's bad enough I detour over it, otherwise I just skip it and leave it be. That batwing just doesn;t lend its self to much manueverability

Latest posts