Smucker Mfg Weed Wiper for ATV

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":3lv0qte3 said:
cfpinz":3lv0qte3 said:
callmefence":3lv0qte3 said:
I bought a boomless for the atv this year. I love the thing . Especially when the ground is soft. May never spray from a tractor again. Does a 40 foot swath. Have to make more trips to fill the tank but it don't take long to get there and back.

Which one did you get?

I put a single nozzle one on an atv sprayer for my wife's father this weekend, it sprays a 15' swath but gets pretty close to the ground for the last few feet on each side. Fimco has one with 3 nozzles I've been eyeballing that is rated for 30 feet.

It's a county line. I believe it's made by fimco.
I think it might be rated for 30 but it will do better.
It has a much better pump. Imo. Delavan 4.0 than the previous fimcos I've had.

The Fimco I've been looking at has a 3.8 GPM pump, I believe.

Out of curiosity, will the spray pattern of your new sprayer soak a 3' tall weed that is located 10' off to the side of your atv? I'd like to be able to drive through fairly tall weeds and get a good coverage, don't feel like the one I used this past weekend would accomplish that.

I've never used their weed wiper, but I have a sprayer with a Smucker foam marker. It has always worked perfectly for eight years, which is more than I can say for any other foamer I've used. I would trust the company.

Clodhopper":2bwiwubp said:
I've never used their weed wiper, but I have a sprayer with a Smucker foam marker. It has always worked perfectly for eight years, which is more than I can say for any other foamer I've used. I would trust the company.

I don't think I've ever posted a pic of my foam marker , Its built out of a stainless refillable water fire extinguisher and a 10$ vehicle air pump. It will make enough foam to last until I have to refill the 200 gal tank. been using this one 2 yrs and its a lot better than a plastic tank reservoir. I used an old garden hose and will eventually get some smaller tubing that I think will do a better job.

I'm going to have to resort to GPS. Do you know how many ragweed stripes there are in my pasture currently? LOL Looks like a drunk sprayed it....and I was trying really hard to not skip.

Brute 23":1ts9kexb said:
M-5":1ts9kexb said:
agribus-navi is a pretty good gps app and simple spray works too

Thanks. I've been needing some thing for my boomless sprayer. Downloaded the app. Lets see what kind of damage I can do. :nod:

Edit: Its metric :shock:
.304 is your multiplier . I suggest you play with it before you actually start applying spray or fert.

cfpinz":3o01jqor said:
callmefence":3o01jqor said:
cfpinz":3o01jqor said:
Which one did you get?

I put a single nozzle one on an atv sprayer for my wife's father this weekend, it sprays a 15' swath but gets pretty close to the ground for the last few feet on each side. Fimco has one with 3 nozzles I've been eyeballing that is rated for 30 feet.

It's a county line. I believe it's made by fimco.
I think it might be rated for 30 but it will do better.
It has a much better pump. Imo. Delavan 4.0 than the previous fimcos I've had.

Out of curiosity, will the spray pattern of your new sprayer soak a 3' tall weed that is located 10' off to the side of your atv? I'd like to be able to drive through fairly tall weeds and get a good coverage, don't feel like the one I used this past weekend would accomplish that.

Yes it's 3 foot at 10 foot out. You can adjust the nozzles for a higher trajectory but you will lose some coverage in the center. You can also turn off each nozzle as desired.

callmefence":2k9win6v said:
Yes it's 3 foot at 10 foot out. You can adjust the nozzles for a higher trajectory but you will lose some coverage in the center. You can also turn off each nozzle as desired.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

callmefence":zzhvudtn said:
I'm pretty sure I have the same Fimco, but I bought just the little boom/nozzle kit at the Co-op in Bryan and mounted it behind and below my TeeJet cluster nozzle. I like them both, the Fimco has held up good for 3 yrs now. I need to find smaller nozzles for that cluster tho--that sucker reaches further, but puts out more volume than I can keep up with in ground speed on my rough ground.
I switch from one to the other with this, as well as being able to just flow to the wand alone or to the mixing jet in the tank:

Business end of the thing--cluster nozzle and fimco nozzle assy:

Got a 25 gal Fimco with a different style nozzle for around the house. 3.8 gal Delaval 12 V pump and hand wand. I use the same 3way garden valve Dun mentioned. I have a frame built with 3pt for the Ford or can carry it behind the 4 wheeler.

About time to replace the 330 gal tote I'm using for a tank on the big sprayer. Top gets brittle from UV and is beginning to crack if I lean on it while pouring herbicide in. I want a 250 gal cylinder shaped tank instead--that tall tank gets a bit sqirly and top heavy rounding a corner or spraying on a slope when it's full--ok after some of the volume has been sprayed out. I rarely put more than 250 gal in it anyway.

M-5":3uykq96g said:
I like the Agrinavi one, I use it when applying fertilizer and using the boomless sprayer. I have checked it using my foam markers and the app and its spot on with minimal overlap

Got to play with the app today. Found the setting to switch it to ft, mph and acres. The ac could be pretty handy when spraying. Took forever to figure out how to make it show your spray width, not just a line where you drive. Finally had to watch a youtube tutorial.

I love new toys. :kid:

4x4dually":1bdcw8vz said:
I'm going to have to resort to GPS. Do you know how many ragweed stripes there are in my pasture currently? LOL Looks like a drunk sprayed it....and I was trying really hard to not skip.

Just tell folks those are control strips to let you know the herbicide was really working. Since we have mostly goatweed, I tell folks that they are wildlife food plots.

Latest posts