Smart phone use in church

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Our preacher asked everyone to turn their cell phones off in church today. Truth be told, I have been guilty of using mine during singing, but never preaching. I think I may have even posted on ct today during church. I have just about quit using a paper bible, because I prefer the bible app. In a nutshell, I'm kind of embarrassed that I ever even bring it out during worship. Anyone else losing their focus to the little boogers.

I have never looked at my phone in church, and pretty much 100% of my time on here and any other Internet is on my phone now. I may be alone on this, after all I am 21 have grown up in a time where texting has taken over, and to this day I have never texted and never plan to as long as there is still phone service available.

Nope--there's only one type of communication I need to make during church and I don't need an electronic device for that.

I leave mine in the car. Our pastor uses an IPad when preaching his sermon which is fine with me but some of the oldtimers had a problem with.

a few at our church has the bible on their phones an use them during church.an sometimes a cell ph will go off during church if some1 forgets to put them on silant.

I, along with many in my church, use my Bible app, and our associate pastor uses his Bible app. I like it because of the multiple translations. We've only had a couple people that complained before they realized that people were reading the Bible on their phones, not just playing around.

crossbredcalves":1xw5kgq1 said:
I, along with many in my church, use my Bible app, and our associate pastor uses his Bible app. I like it because of the multiple translations. We've only had a couple people that complained before they realized that people were reading the Bible on their phones, not just playing around.

Can I assume your church is NOT one of those "KJV Only" churches?? :lol: :lol:

Bigfoot":2bmy4cy5 said:
Our preacher asked everyone to turn their cell phones off in church today. Truth be told, I have been guilty of using mine during singing, but never preaching. I think I may have even posted on ct today during church. I have just about quit using a paper bible, because I prefer the bible app. In a nutshell, I'm kind of embarrassed that I ever even bring it out during worship. Anyone else losing their focus to the little boogers.

I refuse to let a little box controll me as I see so many do. I believe some people would actually have a nervous brakedown without one. I don't even carry a cell phone all the time.

Threw the oldest grandson's in the creek last deer season. He kept complaining he couldn't see any deer.
I guess not he was playing on that phone all the time. As we were walking back ask him if I could see what it looked like.
When he handed it to me I threw it in the creek, you would have thought his best friend just died. When he is here now I never see it anymore.

Caustic Burno":mtm0dbqn said:
Bigfoot":mtm0dbqn said:

I refuse to let a little box controll me as I see so many do. I believe some people would actually have a nervous brakedown without one. I don't even carry a cell phone all the time.

Threw the oldest grandson's in the creek last deer season. He kept complaining he couldn't see any deer.
I guess not he was playing on that phone all the time. As we were walking back ask him if I could see what it looked like.
When he handed it to me I threw it in the creek, you would have thought his best friend just died. When he is here now I never see it anymore.
:lol2: :lol2: :clap: I will say for his sake I hope it wasn't a 600$ model that he had worked for :lol2: . I agree I still and always will use a paper King James Bible.

We have an associate Pastor who always uses his during service to quote the bible. Something just appears wrong with a guy fishing a phone out of his pocket to quote scripture. The lead Pastor uses an IPad for his sermons. But it is no different and maybe better, than someone flipping through paper notes.

There are Bibles in the back of the pews but interestingly they are a different translation than the ones the Pastors quote. So they are generally the same to read along but there will be a word or two different.

I don't think there is anything wrong with using it as a tool. I had been browsing the Internet during singing. Not during preaching mind you.

J&D Cattle":ghgp7ghs said:
I leave mine in the car. Our pastor uses an IPad when preaching his sermon which is fine with me but some of the oldtimers had a problem with.

A few years ago we went from a pastor that pretty much read her sermon to one that didn't even use notes or an outline.

A few weeks ago when our new pastor started the service I smiled to myself, seeing the screen reflection in his glasses, I wondered if anyone noticed that he was using electronic media.

I'm keeping the nursery this morning, so I guess this doesn't count. I don't know which bottle belongs to who. Everybody but me is crying. It's a jungle in here.

Bigfoot":34409zbx said:
I'm keeping the nursery this morning, so I guess this doesn't count. I don't know which bottle belongs to who. Everybody but me is crying. It's a jungle in here.

I'll bet you wanted to use your phone to call for help before that was over

My wife had to go show some video, and left me in there by myself about 15 minutes. It got pretty crazy before she came back.

We make a schedule, where a man and wife watch the nursery together. Your time only rolls around every few months.

Latest posts