Skyhightree on the way to the doctor/hospital

Help Support CattleToday:

jedstivers":22qgslji said:
It's a good thing TT told everyone about you, I'd have said you had Ebola.

Funny thing is I was more worried about that when I got into the hospital than anything. I kept using that spray foam on the wall every 5 minutes on my hands :lol2:

skyhightree1":1gkcldei said:
:lol2: BTW anyone want some cheap Sim-Angus pairs :lol2:

I don't think I can afford them. Maybe some other time. :hide:

Seriously, I'm glad you're going to be okay, and sorry you're having to go through all of this.

Rafter S":2cxus7nr said:
skyhightree1":2cxus7nr said:

I don't think I can afford them. Maybe some other time. :hide:

Seriously, I'm glad you're going to be okay, and sorry you're having to go through all of this.

:lol2: ok I will hold them for you ;-) Thanks Rafter and its been a lil rough but hopefully after all of this will be a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

skyhightree1":38i375cn said:

How cheap?! I could sic 'em on my jacka$$ neighbor's cattle, or maybe just the neighbor himself.

Good to know you're still with us and that the losses aren't too extreme.

Glad you are ok. Did those shots years ago, but I was bitten by a rabid cat. The blood tests afterwards got me over my fear of needles.

Aaron":1twyi4m6 said:
skyhightree1":1twyi4m6 said:

How cheap?! I could sic 'em on my jacka$$ neighbor's cattle, or maybe just the neighbor himself.

Good to know you're still with us and that the losses aren't too extreme.

Thanks Aaron Yea minimal loss probably but I tell ya its serious business.

Thanks I luv herfs and Waco

Hoping the shots go easy for you. Glad you found out and could take the precautionary measures! (even though they suck!) Take care of yourself Sky :tiphat:

LazyARanch":vsduy0ge said:
Hoping the shots go easy for you. Glad you found out and could take the precautionary measures! (even though they suck!) Take care of yourself Sky :tiphat:

Thank you very much

We are going to need to see a picture of you wearing your rabies tag.

Seriously sky I pray everything work's out alright with no complications for you or your animals.

I still think you should be chained up! But that's has nothing to do with the rabies. :lol2: :lol2:

Deepsouth":dpo4easw said:
We are going to need to see a picture of you wearing your rabies tag.

Seriously sky I pray everything work's out alright with no complications for you or your animals.

I still think you should be chained up! But that's has nothing to do with the rabies. :lol2: :lol2:

Thank you sir :lol2:

What a mess! I am glad you are ok. Dealing with the authorities is far from funny either.

Sky, I had seen a video of a rabid fawn just before your post about all this stuff, and wondered about that -- same thing: stumbling, not right on their feet, frothing. So glad you took precautions and went to the doc! Sorry you have to go through the treatments, but you're gonna be just fine!

Wow! Hope everything comes out alright Sky. Gotta say this is a first. Did you get the shots in your belly or do they do it that way anymore?

Really glad that you are ok sky. :D

Rabies is one thing that I really fear. I had a rabid skunk attack my dogs and a horse one night. Then it held us captive in the house. It would jump at the door every time we tried to open it, so getting away from the house to shoot it wasn't an option. We called the Sheriff next door. The skunk jumped on his leg. He had to call a squad car in for back up. It took 6 hrs to get the dam thing shot!!
(See they can have either the "dumb" form or the "aggressive" form of rabies.) This skunk could run, and run fast! He was attacking and biting anything that moved! The dogs started off trying to chase it, but it ended up attacking them so badly they dug under the fence and ran off. It even took on the horse! I never saw anything like it and I hope that I never do again. It sprayed the place so bad that everything, including our clothing in the closets smelled like skunk.

My daughter and I tracked down the dogs and they were covered in the skunks saliva. So we had to lock them up and get the shots for ourselves.

BTW- When the (useless) animal control finally showed up 8 hours after my initial call to them, they cited me for my house dog not being licensed! :bang:
So that's my rabies story............From then on, we shot every skunk that came around!

Sky,
I didn't read the whole thread. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
A friends horse had rabies. Was bitten while in it's stall. Fortunately I didn't handle the horse and have to get the shots, but two of my friends did.
That was 40 odd years ago, and the injections are not what they used to be.
So happy and grateful that you found out what the problem was before it was too late.
Good luck.

Big Sky High Tree Azz,

Your Azz Brother hopes all is well. I must have missed all of this somehow. I didn't know you had a calf that was sick.

BTW: Lucky, there are rumors floating around about a serious outbreak of Bluetongue in cattle in the adjoining county (Fleming). I googled it and seemed weird because it is not common in cattle. I would like to know more about what is going on.

Take care BROTHER. I did not catch all this. Are you taking a preventive treatment?

Latest posts