Skyhightree on the way to the doctor/hospital

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":32hdgndf said:
Wow! Hope everything comes out alright Sky. Gotta say this is a first. Did you get the shots in your belly or do they do it that way anymore?
They are in the shoulders and the thighs. The first shot goes as close to the point of contact as possible

90 days quarantine for a few cows that might of been exposed to rabies. Dang the luck. But if you're from Africa come on in even if you might have close ties to someone with Ebola. Then once here the nurse's that treat you before you die go on a cruise ship and fly back and fourth on commercial flights.
Sorry for your bad luck Sky.

I missed this whole episode until now. Sky, son, quite a run of bad luck. I hope you are doing ok. Sorry for you all the way round.. Man o man...

Thanks all of yall I tell ya there is no community like the farmers community. I appreciate all the kind words truly. Well I just got up and getting ready to deal with the " Officials" I tell ya where I got that shot in my arm is sore as the dickens. I will take sore over rabid any day. I know one thing that 150 bucks for autopsy was well worth it and could have saved my life potentially. There was 3 of us that came in contact with the calf. None of my kids wife or grandmother were ever around it.

wow...havent heard of any of that in a long time...i do the dogs tho..cuz we got fox and coons...dang man thats the pits
hope yer getting ok....

autopsy..good idea..my vet WANTS to do em i got one die..does em for free if i call him right away before they stink

Sky I know this is not about you but I thought some of you might find it interesting.

I will post about my daughter. She stopped to move a kitten from the road way to keep it from being killed. The kitten bit her on the hand several times. The person that lived across the street washed and disinfected the bite. The chief of police t put out a trap and caught the kitten. Several days later my daughter starting showing symptoms of rabies. Went to the emergency room. She was put in the hospital. They tried to diagnose everything but rabies. They were under the impression that rabies was very rare in humans and had to be something else. Finally the person in Tyler Texas that is responsible for the tracking of rabies got the medicine to the hospital and the treatment started. They did pull a spinal fluid sample and looked at it an said there is something there but we do not know what. Another sample sent to CDC the results were sent back but not to the hospital but to her personal doctor whose staff filed in in her records. Long story short not until she changed doctors the new doctor when she first went in he had reviewed her records and he said you should not be her. She said why he said you are one of the few that have survived rabies. Since then she has had a lot of autoimmune problems that will be on going the rest of her life. Followed up with the chief of police and he said they kept the kitten in quarantine and it died. We found out that he was lying and the person with the trap shot the kitten in the trap and disposed of the carcass. Also several years ago neighbor cleaned the feed trough where a milk cow had slobbered, He contracted rabies and died. Any time you see a fox, or skunk or coon out during the day and roaming you can suspicion rabies.

hurleyjd":16oj8y9l said:
Sky I know this is not about you but I thought some of you might find it interesting.

I will post about my daughter. She stopped to move a kitten from the road way to keep it from being killed. The kitten bit her on the hand several times. The person that lived across the street washed and disinfected the bite. The chief of police t put out a trap and caught the kitten. Several days later my daughter starting showing symptoms of rabies. Went to the emergency room. She was put in the hospital. They tried to diagnose everything but rabies. They were under the impression that rabies was very rare in humans and had to be something else. Finally the person in Tyler Texas that is responsible for the tracking of rabies got the medicine to the hospital and the treatment started. They did pull a spinal fluid sample and looked at it an said there is something there but we do not know what. Another sample sent to CDC the results were sent back but not to the hospital but to her personal doctor whose staff filed in in her records. Long story short not until she changed doctors the new doctor when she first went in he had reviewed her records and he said you should not be her. She said why he said you are one of the few that have survived rabies. Since then she has had a lot of autoimmune problems that will be on going the rest of her life. Followed up with the chief of police and he said they kept the kitten in quarantine and it died. We found out that he was lying and the person with the trap shot the kitten in the trap and disposed of the carcass. Also several years ago neighbor cleaned the feed trough where a milk cow had slobbered, He contracted rabies and died. Any time you see a fox, or skunk or coon out during the day and roaming you can suspicion rabies.
I got attacked by a cat when I was a kid, unlike Sky and his irrational :D fear of horses, I don't fear them. Anyway, my uncle shot the cat, they cut its head off and sent it to the rabies checking place. Saved me from the torment your poor daughter went through, and still suffers with. Too bad the world is made up of mostly ignorant DAs.

Must have changed the shots since I had them. I got one in each hip and the center of my thigh as my first, then returned for one in the hip every week. Then the blood tests began.

Hang in there they are not fun but needed. Take care!

ILH thanks yea its been a day other cattle look fine the only one I am worried about would be that calves mama but shes doing ok. Next shot Monday BOOOOOOO

My Vet is Dr. Darin Stansfield. His Vet Assistant is Patty Reid. I saw her Wednesday morning when I purchased Salix for my heifer with edema. Her daughter died of rabies in 2003. The story was featured on "Monsters Inside Me".

In Flemingsburg, Kentucky, Shannon is planning her 16th birthday party when she suffers from extreme headaches and double vision. Misdiagnosed with migraine headaches, Shannon develops an infection that ravages her internal organs, and doctors say her heart is in the shape of an 87-year-old woman with muscle tissue similar to that of an overworked bodybuilder. Something deadly is attacking her from within, and no one knows if she'll make it to her birthday. Could Shannon's change in behavior, headaches and seizures be the result of rabies?"

It was! I have heard it from Patty, it will ruin your day!

http://www2.cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/201 ... inside-me/

Very sobering to hear, hope all is well Sky. Very glad we don't have to deal with that here in Australia though a couple of nasties from fruit bats has cropped up here in the last couple of year, Hendra virus which has taken out a couple of vets and Lysa virus. You certainly need to be carefull handling bats though all humans affected with Hendra have got it from treating affected horses which in turn get it from the bats.
Ken

skyhightree1":1gdauooz said:
jedstivers":1gdauooz said:
It's a good thing TT told everyone about you, I'd have said you had Ebola.

Funny thing is I was more worried about that when I got into the hospital than anything. I kept using that spray foam on the wall every 5 minutes on my hands :lol2:
:lol: :lol: I can just imagine. Hope all will be well Sky.

Been gone for a couple of days and come back to Sky having rabies. The surprises never end around this place.

Seriously Sky, I wish you the best and hope the shots do not continue to be so painful............and thank God none of your children were affected.

alisonb":36ln0xg8 said:
skyhightree1":36ln0xg8 said:
jedstivers":36ln0xg8 said:
It's a good thing TT told everyone about you, I'd have said you had Ebola.

Funny thing is I was more worried about that when I got into the hospital than anything. I kept using that spray foam on the wall every 5 minutes on my hands :lol2:
:lol: :lol: I can just imagine. Hope all will be well Sky.

Thanks Alison- I hope it will as well. I am going to vaccinate my other cattle.

3waycross":36ln0xg8 said:
Been gone for a couple of days and come back to Sky having rabies. The surprises never end around this place.

Seriously Sky, I wish you the best and hope the shots do not continue to be so painful............and thank God none of your children were affected.

Thanks my next one is tomorrow. I hope I never have to do this again.

Latest posts