Skid Steer brush cutter

Help Support CattleToday:

circlew

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you could hook a skid steer brush cutter to the front end loader on a tractor? My kubota has the same hook up. Doesn't the gear box run off of hydraulics? Its just a thought. Didn't know if anyone has ever seen it done before. :compute:

you might be able to hook it to the kubota loader.but id be worried about the hydro pump cap to run the brush cutter.what size kubota are you wanting to put it on.

rented it from a bobcat dlr in sarasota...call a local bobcat dlr.i think they all rent em. i rented it with an air cond cab and i picked it up for 400 for the weekend..i ran it like 25 hrs over the 2 days. get the cab..it is a friggin mess. i did mine in the rain..that was good actually. i had tracks also...tires wouldve got it stuck.
im gonna get another one if it ever rains here again..cant beat it fer running over myrtles..itll mulch anything up to 3"

gary

The closes dealer to me is Mobile. We have a sunbelt equipment rental in the town over and I thought about seeing if they rented any thing like that.

I'm in McKenzie. I thought there was a dealer in Dothan but the bobcat website didn't say anything about Dothan.

The guy who cleared the property mowed all Te palmettos and smaller pines down with the brush cutter on a bobcat. Then root raked the place.

Circlew, your hyd. pump doesn't have enough flow rate. You can't find a used Brown tree cutter??? It will cut up to 6" stuff so they say, but 10" pines are no problem. It sure would be nice to go forward though and lift it up and angle it.

highgrit":1qrh4yr0 said:
Circlew, your hyd. pump doesn't have enough flow rate. You can't find a used Brown tree cutter??? It will cut up to 6" stuff so they say, but 10" pines are no problem. It sure would be nice to go forward though and lift it up and angle it.
I can't your right or wrong, but the county uses tractor side mound brush cutter here on a daily basis. A friend bought a used side mount at an auction an adapted it to a case uniloader I have used it on my bobcat s 300. The skid steers and tractors seem to cut the same.
I would call the tractor dealer and ask. I don't see why it wouldn't work on your tractor loader.

You can run it, but you will need a bigger hy. pump to make it cut. Ditch bank mowers are run off a hi-flow hy. pump mounted to the tractors crankshaft. Most mid size tractors run a 15-20 gal. pump. Skidsteers start at 23 gal. and have a hi-flow option to 40+gal.

highgrit":1q6uj8be said:
That's what I was thinking. The stuff I'm cutting, a regular bushhog will cut it. I was just thinking that one of the brush cutters would be quicker.