Skid Steer brush cutter

Help Support CattleToday:

I have one with a 8 foot head mounted on a kershaw skidder . Believe me they are expensive to work on . I just spent 4500 reworking the drum .

mulchers..hammmermills are not the same as a brushcat..the cat is like a bushhog on steriods..the blade is an inch thick

4ea7a50e.jpg

b26f12a2.jpg

This one has a 45 gpm pump, I need to get a bushhog for it.

jedstivers":ybn0gmkm said:
4ea7a50e.jpg

b26f12a2.jpg

This one has a 45 gpm pump, I need to get a bushhog for it.
That's a nice rig Jed . That's basically what mine looks like except on a articulated skidder frame . I wish I would have bought the skid steer version I could have used it dirt work .

Howdyjabo":2ajizdsr said:
Any ideas on what one of those would cost?

I have the brush version that I use to clean around my fences and to do thicket work. My skidsteer is a Thomas made in Canada. Both units were bought on the cheap. New at a Ritchie auction the 50 HP skidsteer was $13K and I bought the brush cutter directly from the manufacturer for under $3K. Both machines have performed to my satisfaction. I do have a problem with flat tires on the skidsteer but when the tires that came on the skidsteer need replacing I will go with the multi ply aircraft tires. I now have 600+ hours on the skidsteer and maybe 120 hours on the brush cutter. A friend has the track version skidsteer and he gets less than 2000 hours on the tracks and they are expensive to replace.

I have a 6' brush cutter, run it on out 863 BobCat.
I also have used it on a 100 HP tractor. The tractor has the skid steer hook up and mid mount hydraulics.
If I used it much on the tractor I would have lines made up and run it from the rear hydraulics for more flow.
It does alright on the mid mount hyds but the lines are smaller and do not allow as much flow (in my opinion).

Latest posts