Silent but Deadly

Help Support CattleToday:

MudHog

Reaction score
My NFA trust is nearly complete. Papers are done and now I just need trustee and notary signatures. Time to start shopping for suppressors. :mrgreen:

MudHog":3r1v9ous said:
My NFA trust is nearly complete. Papers are done and now I just need trustee and notary signatures. Time to start shopping for suppressors. :mrgreen:
I have wanted one for a while. Just one to fit up to the 5.7 and 22 hornet. $400 for it and $200 more for the papers so I have not done it yet. What brand did you get?

Haven't bought one yet kenny. I just got my trust setup. I went the trust route so that I can have trustees who are allowed to be in legal possession of the NFA item, and to allow the NFA items to be transferred easily once I pass on. The $200 stamp papers is also quicker with the trust compared to a personal purchase. The trust route also doesn't require CLEO signoff either.

My trust is step one. Now I'm looking at silencershop.com as I was referred to there from a couple buddies who have bought from them in the past.

MudHog":1fqnc0la said:
Haven't bought one yet kenny. I just got my trust setup. I went the trust route so that I can have trustees who are allowed to be in legal possession of the NFA item, and to allow the NFA items to be transferred easily once I pass on. The $200 stamp papers is also quicker with the trust compared to a personal purchase. The trust route also doesn't require CLEO signoff either.

My trust is step one. Now I'm looking at silencershop.com as I was referred to there from a couple buddies who have bought from them in the past.
Can anyone be named in the trust? I have no children.

kenny thomas":1sbsobcn said:
MudHog":1sbsobcn said:

Can anyone be named in the trust? I have no children.

As long as they are of legal age and can legally possess a firearm, it can be anyone. They do not even have to be in the same state. If trustees are out of state, it just complicates getting the signatures some. Once the trust is signed though, nothing needs signature again unless the trust is ammended (add/remove trustees). Inventory of the trust is kept up by the Settlor trustee (yourself).

You will love it. I've been doing load development on a new 25-06. Recoil about like a 22-250 and noise about like a 20ga shotgun.

I've got a silencerco sparrow and a harvester .30

In my gun trust, all I had to do is add my best friend's name. I also added his wife and my sister. No signatures on their part were necessary.

AAC make a good suppressor and you can get their threaded muzzle breaks so you can easily move one suppressor from gun to gun.

My advice is to buy a suppressor for the largest caliber you will ever shoot. I bought mine for 6.8mm which is a .270. So I can shoot a .270 or smaller caliber. I should have bought one for .308 then I could have shot it on every thing.

There is nothing special about any one caliber or another when it is suppressed. Slow bullets are more quiet and will not crack down range. Be leery of buying guns that are advertised to be more quiet when suppressed. Any thing can be quiet with a slow bullet. The slightly less noise has zero effect on real world application and is mainly good for talking about on the e-net. If you are only shooting stuff less than 100yds get a crossbow and save yourself $2K.