I'm not big on the Olympics but...

Help Support CattleToday:

I have better things to do than watch that crap. Like plucking nose hairs or poking needles in my eyes.

Only interesting thing about any sport is the blooper reel. I'm sure there will be a few more before the games are done.

I'm waiting to see how many athletes get executed when they return home, for not winning.
N. Korea I'm sure already has a firing squad lined up.........

dun":34g0u6c0 said:
I have better things to do than watch that crap. Like plucking nose hairs or poking needles in my eyes.

Really I agree haven't watched the first event and don't plan on watching any unless the remote gets stuck or lost.

greybeard":202ybsyg said:
I'm waiting to see how many athletes get executed when they return home, for not winning.
N. Korea I'm sure already has a firing squad lined up.........
They took over that with the fall of East German and the USSR. At least it's a break from all the political BS.

Caustic Burno":3t86z8xw said:
dun":3t86z8xw said:

Really I agree haven't watched the first event and don't plan on watching any unless the remote gets stuck or lost.

Come on guys, the US got their first gold this year in that riveting sport women's 100 meter air rifle. Can't wait until Olympic golf starts, just like it was played in Ancient Greece. (I do enjoy some events and will and do watch)

Alan":rpkkmq4r said:
Caustic Burno":rpkkmq4r said:
dun":rpkkmq4r said:

Come on guys, the US got their first gold this year in that riveting sport women's 100 meter air rifle.
They need a big sign at that air rifle range.
Don't Get Your Eye Put Out Kid!

:lol: I believe the official air rifle for the U.S. Is the Red Ryder BB gun.

Alan":fecnp6pn said:
:lol: I believe the official air rifle for the U.S. Is the Red Ryder BB gun.
Happen to have one sitting on the back porch Mrs stings the fox squirrels in her bird feeders. Don't have the heart to tell she could throw the gun farther than it shoots.

That had to hurt in more than one way. I feel for her. All that training and devotion voided by that one mishap. In another time I had a chance to join an Olympic team. Two small mistakes in the tryouts resulted in my getting eliminated by 1/100th of a second. To say I was crushed would be an understatement.

I good friend of mine made the 1980 Olympic wrestling team, thank you Jimmy Carter.

Alan":22ov8usm said:
Caustic Burno":22ov8usm said:
dun":22ov8usm said:

Come on guys, the US got their first gold this year in that riveting sport women's 100 meter air rifle. Can't wait until Olympic golf starts, just like it was played in Ancient Greece. (I do enjoy some events and will and do watch)
Golf is the US summer equivalent of curling. Exactly when did pushing a shop broom become an athletic event?

I did see the Russian girl that had failed 2 dope test yet still allowed to compete won her heat in one swimming event and a boxer from Morocco(95% muslim) was arrested for sexual assault. Imagine that. :shock: :shock:

Alan":1b0sc9l9 said:
I good friend of mine made the 1980 Olympic wrestling team, thank you Jimmy Carter.

I remember when he did that. That was awful. I bet your friend didn't send Carter a Christmas present did he? Gov'ts should put politics aside for the Olympics.

What I can't figure out is why we get these great stories about how much athletes have overcome to get there. It seems to me that if you have the drive to run marathons without shoes you have the drive to put yourself in the position to have shoes whether that involves hard work where you're at or moving somewhere else.
I'm not at all knocking what they've accomplished but cart before the horse and shyt like that.

Has anyone heard about the Olympic Committee considering adding jousting to the event. I think I'd like seeing that and if they do I hope they sell beer.

Latest posts