The Cowboys did not look good yesterday

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't think Belichick is all that good. He did nothing before Brady and has basically done nothing after Brady. I'd rather keep McCarthy
For most of the season Dallas looked like a Superbowl team but choked like they usually do in the playoffs. From when McCarthy came in until now the team has improved. I watched the GB game as Dak did not look good, but the defense in that game could not slow them down. They are not far off, and I would give McCarthy another year to make a few more tweaks.

I like Dak and think he is a talented guy but he seems to have been gifted with the Tony Romo ability to choke when it matters. That team seems to just melt when the pressure is on to perform. It was petty funny to watch Jason Garrett tiptoe around his commentary with a smirk on his face as they discussed McCarthy's future and the team's performance.
Dak is probably a good backup quarterback. I have been a diehard cowboy fan all my life, DK hasn't got it done and never will, he can't read defense and when he gets rattled it's over.
If they extend his contract I'm done with them.
I do like the Texans quarterback, very impressive.
The game against Green Bay was comical.
I was expecting the cowboys to win big in spite of Dak, my grandson picked Green Bay to win, he said Dak was going to choke, he was right.
I know the defense didn't show up, but Dak couldn't give them a break.

I don't think Belichick is all that good. He did nothing before Brady and has basically done nothing after Brady. I'd rather keep McCarthy
McCarthy is not the problem IMO. Everything has changed over the decades coaches, players and stadiums.
The only constant is Jerry Jones in their management.

Dak is probably a good backup quarterback. I have been a diehard cowboy fan all my life, DK hasn't got it done and never will, he can't read defense and when he gets rattled it's over.
If they extend his contract I'm done with them.
I do like the Texans quarterback, very impressive.
The game against Green Bay was comical.
I was expecting the cowboys to win big in spite of Dak, my grandson picked Green Bay to win, he said Dak was going to choke, he was right.
I know the defense didn't show up, but Dak couldn't give them a break.
Love em or hate em , the cowboys made Jerry a very rich man.

The final score was 48-32, but it was not near that close as Dallas scores two TD s with GB s backups in. It was 0-27 at one point with Dallas at home favored. I will say that Green Bay looked good, and their quarterback Jordan Love looks like another great quarterback for them.

I had this gut feeling before the game even started that GB would do great in cold and win while the cold would affect the cowboys. I turned off the TV after the first half...appears the cowboys out-played GB in the second half. But when you're not in the game for the first half...makes it hard to win. Cowboys did have a nice span of consistancy this year , like in many years....but as jtrent put it...they usually choke at the end of the year. It's what i've seen year after year....they CAN NEVER finish up strong...something goes to their head...they were favored to win big over GB.
Also I have one more beef...about going to their heads...showman, champions before the job has been completed. Too much dressing up, long fur coats, gold shoes, tattos, earrings, special haircuts w/verbiage-symbolism...."Flash" and Pride....displays of special individual techniques....All individual flash while being so-called America's Team (really?). The early 1990's are gone...where's our humble players? If I were coach Jones, there would be a dress code-everyone gets the same canned uniform, no earrings, rings, necklaces, even standard haircuts for the team-SHORT, military-so your helmet stays put. I'd put the team back to the 1950's...looking like a team and functioning like a team. I've been on the longest streak winning cross country team in the late 70's early 1980's we worked with each other and drafted behind each other...some of the individuals didn't bath regularly had body odor. We had no "flash" we were a poor farming community cross country team. CUT THE FLASH AND GET THE JOB DONE BOYZ I want to walk down the isle of the plane or bus and see military haircuts, no gold jewlery or teeth, and everyone dressed in our proud team uniforms...we stand and win together. We pay you big bucks...we expect you to conform to team rules and finish up strong at the end of the season.

Last edited:

Latest posts