sick calves

Help Support CattleToday:

go-pokes-osu":tku9pbbs said:
Draxxin is a macrolid type of antibiotic, similar to Micotil. A one time dosage lasts around a week.

Yes, that is what they say but have you Tried it?
I have used Draxxin about ten times now. At Least half of those ten time I saw absolutely no respose and had to follow uo two days later with Baytril.
The Baytril worked. The Draxxin did not!
About the same results I used to get with Micotil, I had to follow up with something else!
Draxxin is sure not anything I want to spend that kind of money for!

bif

No, that's not what they said. They said it was a type of chloramphenicol analog that lasts 14 days, both of which are not true. Draxxin has a slow absorption from injection site so it takes a few days to start working, whereas baytril acts more quickly. This is the main complaint from people using it. Also, it works real well in pigs.

go-pokes-osu":162w9k0q said:
No, that's not what they said. They said it was a type of chloramphenicol analog that lasts 14 days, both of which are not true. Draxxin has a slow absorption from injection site so it takes a few days to start working, whereas baytril acts more quickly. This is the main complaint from people using it. Also, it works real well in pigs.

Meanwhile the calf is laying there daid cause it didn't work!
bif

Latest posts