Show me your herd bull

Help Support CattleToday:

I'll try to get some. Most of them basically look like Angus x Charolais, much bigger frame and bone structure. So far no calving issues with cows, had bad luck with a couple heifers. One of those, vet confirmed it was definitely a problem with the heifer. (Malformed uterus). Glad to hear from you Kenny. I was afraid you'd been flooded out.

First cow is 15 years old.
Next is a Loaded Up heifer calf
3rd pic is an OMF Epic heifer calf
4th. Count O heifer calf
Last, a red cow that her genetics go back to 1972
If you need a place to drop off some animals I won't turn down the Loaded up Heifer or the red cow

How 'bout Willy/8308, who opened a big ol' can of whoopazz on the neighbors' bull, after he jumped the fence. Again. Pound for pound, it should have been a fair fight, but when they finally simmered (after over an hour), I wasn't sure the neighbors bull wasn't gonna just die from heat stroke or sheer exhaustion with his tongue all hanging out. Willy, on the other hand, wasn't even breathing hard and proceeded to scratch his butt on a tree limb, then saunter over to me, begging for cubes. That's when Woody joined the party but all it took from him was a couple bellows and the neighbors bull hid behind a bush. View attachment 19677View attachment 19678
He's baaaaaack. But at least he's keeping a somewhat respectful distance from Willy. This time, after yet another picture text to the neighbor, he agreed it was time to bring over the portable corral & load the sumbytch up. I graciously offered the use of our corral. You know, since he's already in our pasture. Again.IMG_20220824_085921608_HDR (2).jpg

He's baaaaaack. But at least he's keeping a somewhat respectful distance from Willy. This time, after yet another picture text to the neighbor, he agreed it was time to bring over the portable corral & load the sumbytch up. I graciously offered the use of our corral. You know, since he's already in our pasture. Again.View attachment 20485
I certainly hope that turd don't breed any of your cows. Or is he just a gay bull and after your fellas still?

Willy looks about twice his size!

I certainly hope that turd don't breed any of your cows. Or is he just a gay bull and after your fellas still?

Willy looks about twice his size!
Woody was keeping my cows away, literally standing guard. And there's no way the neighbors bull would challenge him. Here's what I think happened: neighbor had a heifer calf in heat, she went through the fence while his bull was trying to tag her, he followed, and she made it back. Willy certainly wanted a piece of her (that's why he's focused on the other side of the fence).

Unfortunately, he didn't get a trailer ride. Neighbor said he found a hole in the fence (that's only 2 years old), repaired it and got the bull back in his own pasture. For now. I've lost count how many times that bull has been in either the east 80 or our central pasture.

He's baaaaaack. But at least he's keeping a somewhat respectful distance from Willy. This time, after yet another picture text to the neighbor, he agreed it was time to bring over the portable corral & load the sumbytch up. I graciously offered the use of our corral. You know, since he's already in our pasture. Again.View attachment 20485
We know what that's like. Have neighboring property that has a few Jerseys in a survival of the fittest capacity. We end up with a Jersey bull or two getting in with ours every year. Thankfully we've only gotten one calf out of it which was a heifer. Last time we had to hire a cowboy to rope and get one of the bulls on a trailer, as it was too wild and aggressive to drive to the barn on foot. We have the responsibility of all the fence upkeep.
Got a call the other day that their cattle were about to come through the fence, good thing was we didn't have any of ours in that field at that time.

Latest posts