should hunting on sunday be allowed?

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":3seiychx said:
skyhightree1":3seiychx said:
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2014/1/virginia-sunday-hunting-bill-passes-in-house!.aspx?s=&st=&ps

Now if you would just outlaw those shyt eating dogs you would have some real deer hunting in a year or two.
Yea, seems there a little mixed up huh, no Sunday hunting, but you can hunt with dogs??? Makes alot of sense :roll:

denvermartinfarms":15k4jiwp said:
Caustic Burno":15k4jiwp said:
skyhightree1":15k4jiwp said:
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2014/1/virginia-sunday-hunting-bill-passes-in-house!.aspx?s=&st=&ps

Now if you would just outlaw those shyt eating dogs you would have some real deer hunting in a year or two.
Yea, seems there a little mixed up huh, no Sunday hunting, but you can hunt with dogs??? Makes alot of sense :roll:

I hunted with dogs for years it is a meat hunt. It was a community hunt to get meat for everyone. It evolved to nuts in 4 wheel drives tearing through the county roads. It seems to draw the real nutcases as well. The real meaning of the hunt had been destroyed as a time for family to get together to put meat away. I understand the heritage of it. The method is a thing of the past. I shoot every dog I see running a deer now as do all my neighbors. I love to hunt with a dog but deer hunting and dogs don't go together.
The hog hunter has become public enemy number two because of the dogs here and the nut cases tearing through the country.
Deer hunting with dogs is a very efficient method of killing a lot of deer, I know and I did.
Never realized what kind of deer we could really have until they outlawed them.

denvermartinfarms":32b01lan said:
Caustic Burno":32b01lan said:
skyhightree1":32b01lan said:

Try hunting in the swamp in virginia without them! You'll rarely see anything at all.

We got plenty of swamp here the forks of the Angelina and Neches River is 13,000 acres of swamp.
It is only accessible by boat some fine deer hunting in there, it is not an old man hunt.
Early in the season gators make it an interesting hunt.

Caustic Burno":1ekafk0j said:
We got plenty of swamp here the forks of the Angelina and Neches River is 13,000 acres of swamp.
It is only accessible by boat some fine deer hunting in there, it is not an old man hunt.
The Dismal swamp was (in the 60s) only accessable by roads that cut through it every mile so it was all mile square checkerboard. 50 feet inside off of one of the roads you sould barely see light and if you got turned around, unless you had a compass you had better hope a vehicle came by so you could tell be hearing which direction the nearest road was. Interesting place to hunt but you better bring a book so you wouldn;t fall asleep sitting in an elevated stand watching theose roads by the hour.

dun":1rc8eutz said:
Caustic Burno":1rc8eutz said:
The Dismal swamp was (in the 60s) only accessable by roads that cut through it every mile so it was all mile square checkerboard. 50 feet inside off of one of the roads you sould barely see light and if you got turned around, unless you had a compass you had better hope a vehicle came by so you could tell be hearing which direction the nearest road was. Interesting place to hunt but you better bring a book so you wouldn;t fall asleep sitting in an elevated stand watching theose roads by the hour.

Dun you forget I live in the thicket you walk out my door cross the road and hit those woods if you can see 60 yards that is a long shot.

dun":erhy6el0 said:
Caustic Burno":erhy6el0 said:

Dun the forks of the river are like that.
When handheld gps came out I thought oh boy bought a Garmin just for the forks.
I still carried my compass, when we beached the boat I set the location on the Garmin.
After about 30 mins squirrel hunting I pulled it out to see if it gave the direction of the boat.
I knew where it was that garmin was only good for a watch fob the canopy was so thick it couldn't find the satellites.
Tried it on several different occasions worthless every time.
I never got lost in the forks got somewhat confused a time or two.
Came out on the Angelina river side once and the boat was on the Neches river.
Just sat on the bank till someone came along and got a ride to the boat.

Well I will again be the odd man out....

Sunday hunting really infringes on riding time....horseback riding.....

Trail riding is my thing and I like to go to large tracts where I can ride for most of the day without goin in a little circle....If I have to trailer fifty miles for a good ride then I want to ride....

I don't own or have access to a lot of land...some but not a lot.....

the private land I have access to is leased to the hunt clubs....owners tell you you can ride but caution you about hunters may be hunting....currently leaves you with one day a week to ride that land.....

lots of wildlife managment areas allow riding for a fee....I am glad to pay the fee....but again only have sunday availabel...

Same story state forests....

State parks do have presecribed wildlife managment days so they are the only remaining option....

many of those hunting today don't know a horse from a deer and shoot at sounds....they kill three or four of their friends every year....i don't want my horse shot and I don't want to kill the dumb dumb that shoots him or me...but I would definitely shoot back if able....

yeah a sunday hunting ban is a carry over from a time when society respected sundays more that they do today....but to me and my friends it was a day we could enjoy the outdoors in the fall without getting shot at.....Fall is a wonderful time to ride....cooler, no bugs, beautiful scenery...

I don't have a problem with hunting....but I have had problems with hunters....not all....just the low lifes that also hunt.....I wear a gun in my yard during hunting season becasue I have had them come here like they owned the place and I was trespassing....have had a poacher point his shotgun at me on my land.....next one better hope he can get me killed....

so generally sunday hunting disrupt my life some.....

what baffles me is how much money must have been spent to buy legislators.....last year the same bill was defeated in committee by significant margin.....this year it was on roller skates all the way through the general assembly......I mean it flew through.....

pdfangus":1g30w5hq said:

Trail riding is my thing and I like to go to large tracts where I can ride for most of the day without goin in a little circle....If I have to trailer fifty miles for a good ride then I want to ride....

the private land I have access to is leased to the hunt clubs....owners tell you you can ride but caution you about hunters may be hunting....currently leaves you with one day a week to ride that land.....

lots of wildlife managment areas allow riding for a fee....I am glad to pay the fee....but again only have sunday availabel...

State parks do have presecribed wildlife managment days so they are the only remaining option....

many of those hunting today don't know a horse from a deer and shoot at sounds....they kill three or four of their friends every year....i don't want my horse shot and I don't want to kill the dumb dumb that shoots him or me...but I would definitely shoot back if able....

yeah a sunday hunting ban is a carry over from a time when society respected sundays more that they do today....but to me and my friends it was a day we could enjoy the outdoors in the fall without getting shot at.....Fall is a wonderful time to ride....cooler, no bugs, beautiful scenery...

I don't have a problem with hunting....but I have had problems with hunters....not all....just the low lifes that also hunt.....I wear a gun in my yard during hunting season becasue I have had them come here like they owned the place and I was trespassing....have had a poacher point his shotgun at me on my land.....next one better hope he can get me killed....

what baffles me is how much money must have been spent to buy legislators.....last year the same bill was defeated in committee by significant margin.....this year it was on roller skates all the way through the general assembly......I mean it flew through.....

pdf pocahontas allows hunting everyday and also has great trails and good spacious parking area i used to work there as a teenager. Not all state parks follow the same rules though. pdf another thing is dog hunting in va will never be banned because there is alot of big money people that have hounds and big money in fox hunting that is the reason that it flew through.

I have ridden pocahontas a time or two but if going that far I prefer the petersburg battlefield or the five forks park.....

one of my groups is riding five forks this Sunday but I don't know if I will go or not....

pdfangus":2dhm9qa7 said:
I have ridden pocahontas a time or two but if going that far I prefer the petersburg battlefield or the five forks park.....

one of my groups is riding five forks this Sunday but I don't know if I will go or not....

Nice. I havent been there in a long time though.

Caustic Burno":zv9ybpkc said:
I still carried my compass, when we beached the boat I set the location on the Garmin.
After about 30 mins squirrel hunting I pulled it out to see if it gave the direction of the boat.
I knew where it was that garmin was only good for a watch fob the canopy was so thick it couldn't find the satellites.
In the dismal the only place you could see more then arond 25-30 yards is looking down the road. The areas across the roads aren;t even that wide. Like someone else mentioned, I've never been lost but I have been powerfull confused for half a day a couple of times.

dun":3irhy8l8 said:
Caustic Burno":3irhy8l8 said:
In the dismal the only place you could see more then arond 25-30 yards is looking down the road. The areas across the roads aren;t even that wide. Like someone else mentioned, I've never been lost but I have been powerfull confused for half a day a couple of times.

the dismal is crazy you gotta be real careful and plot where you been or you will be there a long time before you get found.

skyhightree1":3c4mvytx said:
pdfangus":3c4mvytx said:

pdf pocahontas allows hunting everyday and also has great trails and good spacious parking area i used to work there as a teenager. Not all state parks follow the same rules though. pdf another thing is dog hunting in va will never be banned because there is alot of big money people that have hounds and big money in fox hunting that is the reason that it flew through.

Dog hunting deer will get ban all it takes is the yahoo's to PO enough voters and they will. Don't forget you have a ton of blue bleeding heart libs in your state.
Get enough pdf's petitioning the legislature it will go away. All they have to do is contact PETA and they will have more money than they know what to do with. If they are smart they will hit the cities and portray you as a backwoods
hillbilly running those poor deer to death and being mauled by vicious hounds and you are defeated.
I guarantee you get enough money to run a few commercials and watch the big money from all over the country get behind getting rid of your cruel methods. How do you think it happened here. The county I live is 96% forest and it went away.
Never seen a dog hunter respect the limit on deer in my life. I dang sure didn't and no one else did.
I used to kill more deer in a season than most people kill in a lifetime.
Coon hunters still run here never seen one that wasn't respectful. I have even had them wake me and ask if they could retrieve there hounds treed in my bottom. Told them they were welcome to use the gates and don't climb through my fences.
The guys running yotes don't bother anyone those long winded things will run a big circle. They are not killing them just running them.

Latest posts