Selling Beef on the whole of half

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch":24lgenqx said:
Supa Dexta":24lgenqx said:
@ 4.20/lb cut and wrapped here.
You Canadians... always mucking up prices :)
4.20c = 3.25 usa or 60 Mexican pesos

Sell 1 a week usually, but its sort of a hassle. Some people think its a great deal, others think they should be paying bargain bin prices since they're buying it straight from the old, dumb farmer.

This is a great thread. We just butchered a steer this morning DOB 4/3/2016 butcher says he will be HW 560lbs +/- a little and he's always been accurate it the past. We were going to charge $3.00 a pound and that includes cut and wrap. Just selling to family. Steer was angus/Hereford/limosin. All grass fed. Hope he tastes good!

Supa Dexta":7br4pa72 said:
Son of Butch":7br4pa72 said:
Supa Dexta":7br4pa72 said:
@ 4.20/lb cut and wrapped here.
You Canadians... always mucking up prices :)
4.20c = 3.25 usa or 60 Mexican pesos
Sell 1 a week usually, but its sort of a hassle. Some people think its a great deal, others think they should be
paying bargain bin prices since they're buying it straight from the old, dumb farmer.
IF the quality is there 3.25/lb cut/wrapped or (60 Mexican Pesos).. may not be bargain bin... but is a good value

Yes dealing with the public can be a hassle (People they're the Worst) :)

Duramaxgirl":2ubyq2h1 said:
This is a great thread. We just butchered a steer this morning DOB 4/3/2016 butcher says he will be HW 560lbs +/- a little and he's always been accurate it the past. We were going to charge $3.00 a pound and that includes cut and wrap. Just selling to family. Steer was angus/Hereford/limosin. All grass fed. Hope he tastes good!
Let us know how his steaks turn out. He was about 15 months old and must have had a live weight of about 900# based on a 62% cutability.

doesn't seem worth it to me to go past 800 lbs for one. You have to keep them a lot longer, put a ton of grain and hay into them.. all to get another 400-500.. plus taking them to the butcher.. etc.. I think I 'might' profit another 100 by feeding them to finish and selling direct.. but with the time, and extra hassle.. just doesn't seem worth it.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1j1pxjvm said:
Duramaxgirl":1j1pxjvm said:
Let us know how his steaks turn out. He was about 15 months old and must have had a live weight of about 900# based on a 62% cutability.
Thanks for the info! I'll let you know... He was one of the best looking steers we've ever had. Fat and put lots of weight on fast on just grass. We're still newbies at this though

Duramaxgirl":29arctky said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":29arctky said:
Duramaxgirl":29arctky said:
Thanks for the info! I'll let you know... He was one of the best looking steers we've ever had. Fat and put lots of weight on fast on just grass. We're still newbies at this though
What breed was he?

His dam was Hereford/Angus and his sire was Limosin/Angus. He was from my favorite cow because she's long and deep, and he was forever sneaking milk from all the cows that would let him. He out grew his half brother who was older and bigger at birth.

ky colonel":13po18f0 said:
Guessing from a picture won't be of help, especially a photo with no reference points of any kind.
Last time someone played online guessing game, all the guesses were too light and closest guess was 134 lbs under.
Only a fool would venture a guess.... 888 lbs :)

He could use a good 120 days supplementing with corn.

Latest posts