Saler cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Ollie you scared now I bet Nah nah a boo boo you are going to be turned in to the Admin for callin a spade a spade.
Scared me to death just reading it.

Heck after reading it again comes across as a sales add for a bunch of old crossbreed cows.

CommercialCattleManTN":2kxzf5v9 said:
LoL Im not gonna stoop to the level of being a jackass like some people in here. Some people have a full time job other than farming and dont have a whole lot of time to type things out. Now i thought these forums were for voicing our opinions. If you dont like what I have to say then move on and keep your darn mouth shut. The next time you publicly attack me like that there will be a confrontation. I did not come on here to be attacked by low life scumbags like yourself that think they are farmers when they really dont even know the first thing about it. Oh yeah I forgot your damned limey yankee that doesnt really understand what farming is like here in america anyways. Now I have been nice but my patience is wearing thin. SO unless you want to feel my wrath then back off otherwise I will get downright mean and vengeful. Now you tell me you had some limousin cattle that were black. Did I comment on that. I could have said what I really thought and what most farmers around where I live think and that is limousins are pee poor. They are ornery and dangerous and they dont have good calving ease. Least not in the ones Ive seen and Ive seen lots of limousin show cattle that werent even worthy to eat. Ollie do you also have a problem with me? Unless you want to get lit up on here like the limey here you will back off as well. You guys need to act your age instead of like 12 year olds. DUHHHHHHHH he is the cut and paste man from tennessee. I would say something to that and respond but im gonna be the better man here and not bring your family into this. So have a nice day. Oh and by the way if anyone has a problem with me COME GET SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold on there Hulk Hogan, can I ask how you are gonna let everyone feel your wrath when you only know them through a made up screename on the internet full of billions of other users? Are you going to ask everyone for their home address so you can come by and Lay the Smack Down?? I think your the one acting 12 years old, telling everyone your going to beat the bejesus out of them. And anyway limousins dont usually have bad calving problems. They really have the best calving ease of the continentals, and if Tennessee farmers dont like them why are several of the biggest limousin farms in Tennessee?

CommercialCattleManTN":2h7ya323 said:
LoL Im not gonna stoop to the level of being a jackass like some people in here. Some people have a full time job other than farming and dont have a whole lot of time to type things out. Now i thought these forums were for voicing our opinions. If you dont like what I have to say then move on and keep your darn mouth shut. The next time you publicly attack me like that there will be a confrontation. I did not come on here to be attacked by low life scumbags like yourself that think they are farmers when they really dont even know the first thing about it. Oh yeah I forgot your damned limey yankee that doesnt really understand what farming is like here in america anyways. Now I have been nice but my patience is wearing thin. SO unless you want to feel my wrath then back off otherwise I will get downright mean and vengeful. Now you tell me you had some limousin cattle that were black. Did I comment on that. I could have said what I really thought and what most farmers around where I live think and that is limousins are pee poor. They are ornery and dangerous and they dont have good calving ease. Least not in the ones Ive seen and Ive seen lots of limousin show cattle that werent even worthy to eat. Ollie do you also have a problem with me? Unless you want to get lit up on here like the limey here you will back off as well. You guys need to act your age instead of like 12 year olds. DUHHHHHHHH he is the cut and paste man from tennessee. I would say something to that and respond but im gonna be the better man here and not bring your family into this. So have a nice day. Oh and by the way if anyone has a problem with me COME GET SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D WOW :D

CommercialCattleManTN":2fkbdoxb said:
I would say something to that and respond but im gonna be the better man here and not bring your family into this.

Ollie,

It may not amount to much to you but I disagree with the Big Man about the "better man" part.

CommercialCattleManTN":17mjo5ka said:

Whoa dude!!! Just calm down, relax, and remember that this is just an internet debate. Life is too short to let your blood pressure go up over anything somebody says here. I don't get particularly excited about Salers cattle; but that is ok. There are Hereford, Angus, Charolais, Simmental, Limousin, Brangus, Santa Gertrudis, Braford, Texas Longhorn, Murray Grey, Galloway, Ankole Watusi, mini Herefords, Welsh Black, etc people here and you are NEVER going to convince all of them that they are wasting their time and that YOUR breed is the premier breed in the cattle biz. Just make your points, accept that some people are going to take shots and let your words and the production of your cattle make your arguments for you. Nobody needs to be "lit up" over the internet or in the real world over anything said here.

Brandonm2":1s2a274c said:
CommercialCattleManTN":1s2a274c said:

Whoa dude!!! Just calm down, relax, and remember that this is just an internet debate. Life is too short to let your blood pressure go up over anything somebody says here. I don't get particularly excited about Salers cattle; but that is ok. There are Hereford, Angus, Charolais, Simmental, Limousin, Brangus, Santa Gertrudis, Braford, Texas Longhorn, Murray Grey, Galloway, Ankole Watusi, mini Herefords, Welsh Black, etc people here and you are NEVER going to convince all of them that they are wasting their time and that YOUR breed is the premier breed in the cattle biz. Just make your points, accept that some people are going to take shots and let your words and the production of your cattle make your arguments for you. Nobody needs to be "lit up" over the internet or in the real world over anything said here.

What have you got against Red Angus,you didn;t mention them so obviously you have a grudge against them. Guess we'll have to go out behind the barn and settle it! You run on ahead and I'll follow along later. I'm trying to be like my ideal, but I won;t mention names!

dun

yeah, and you neglected to mention Beefmaster as well. So when you get thru with Dun, i'll meet you at the flagpole at 3:15.

Too funny.

I agree with ollie(how bout that, ollie).

There are some real useful Salers cattle. They look ugly all year, like a rack of bones, then wean a big calf, and are pregnant again. Just not pretty, but who cares if you are just making commercial calves, not selling purebreds. One thing about it, I sure like that big hip with the real wide pins on them. They are real calving ease sorts of cows.

Now, you do have to watch the bloodlines. The Prince cattle were high BW, and bad disposition. Our neighbors have real great Hereford, Red Angus, Saler cross cattle, and another neighbor has a nice composite set of Black Angus/Saler cattle. You need to keep towards Leo, Slammer, and Banner bloodlines to keep them right. Go with them, and they'll be more calving ease, easier fleshin moderate and better dispositions. And I have seen a few man-killers.

FWIW.

mtnman

Red Angus, Beefmaster, Brahman, Gelbvieh, Scotch Highland, White Park, Chianina, Red Brangus, Red Polls, and company were included in the "etc.".

I pity the fool that meets me at the flagpole!!!! You goin down sucka!!! YOU goin down HAAAARRRRDDDDD!!!!! Don't be hidin in da principal's office!!!

I have read some of your comments in here and I get a real kick out of you. Why is it that some folks get off on being a jackass? Anyway- I know very little about salers other than overhearing a conversation bout 10 years back by a guy that said that they like to jump fences and that they were temperamental. Any response to that? My dad has had a herd (cows calves and fat cattle) for many years carrying it on from many grandparents and so on and on. Generally he has raised angus X charolais or angus X hereford. The weather in Iowa is very shifty. Cold and windy as **** in the winter and hot and humid as hell in the summer. You said that TN weather was similar to that if I remember correctly. So how would salers fair up here in Iowa? I am just throwing around the idea of dabbling in the cattle business because I want to be able to take over my parents farm when they pass. I want to know as much as possible about everything but at the same time I don't want to make myself sound stupid. I don't even know the right questions. Judging by your responses to others you appear to be smart and helpful with enough "kiss my ass" in ya to be the one I want to learn from. So... what do you have for me? You can email me at [email protected]. Thanks- Robyn

CommercialCattleManTN":2cbqcpr2 said:
1 Salers show heifer who is a grand champion female. I have pics of her if anyone would like to see her.
Alright. You have peaked my interest CCMTN. I would like to see her so I could evaluate her on my own. Of course I am a stupid old man with very little cattle experience compared to you, still I would like to see her and make a comment or two if you don't mind. BTW where was she Grand Champion?

Now I have been nice but my patience is wearing thin. SO unless you want to feel my wrath then back off otherwise I will get downright mean and vengeful.

Lets see it! Go ahead and get mean and vengeful!

You are as full of crap as a Christmas Goose. There, will that make you get mean and vengeful? :roll:

Hey Bez....when the dual at dawn is scheduled...wanna be a second? Just kidding.
Must be a change in the phase of the moon or some other planitary disturbance if the force to get all these gentle folks ready for a knock-down-dragout...DMc

Susie David":qe84rrsa said:
Hey Bez....when the dual at dawn is scheduled...wanna be a second? Just kidding.
Must be a change in the phase of the moon or some other planitary disturbance if the force to get all these gentle folks ready for a knock-down-dragout...DMc

I'll just bring the first aide kit!

Ollie' has decided to come up to Canada and see what the cool weather bean harvest is all about.

I bet he gets a kick out of combining corn in more than a foot of snow - "keep that speed up ollie' otherwise we'll get stuck in that drift up ahead!"

Bez'

Latest posts