SAF Top Dollar Angus

Help Support CattleToday:

joe

Reaction score
has anyone used SAF Top Dollar 8001? AAA # 13018445
looking at breeding some PFred's to him, but am unsure, as to all the Traveler 24-3 I think is the #'s. just wondering how far back in the pedigree you need to go for no inbreeding problems?
how about krugerrand Krush? AAA # 13186337
or is there a good Focus bull that will keep the frame on the PFred's?

I would not worry to much about the inbreeding thing, if you are comfortable with the genetics to begin with.

I would leave the focus thing alone as they will grow but are flat necked bulls with not much character. I think the whole line got worse as they went along, at least the feet are better on Focus than Fame. You should check out HA Image Maker, excellent calving ease, sons are very marketable with nice bwt's. The daughters are extremely good. They have considerably more jam than most Hero cattle.

joe":t1gbuvq6 said:
has anyone used SAF Top Dollar 8001? AAA # 13018445
looking at breeding some PFred's to him, but am unsure, as to all the Traveler 24-3 I think is the #'s. just wondering how far back in the pedigree you need to go for no inbreeding problems?
how about krugerrand Krush? AAA # 13186337
or is there a good Focus bull that will keep the frame on the PFred's?

the smartest guy i know says that below 5% IBC will not be noticable to anyone. 2% is pretty average for matings. if you can look it up in the AAA login, it will tell you what IBC the mating will be. if not, put the sire and dam's reg# up and i will check it.

Top Dollar will add a little frame to your cattle, not extreme but not a frame reducer by any stretch of the imagination.

As for Focus, I dont understand the term flat necked, but I personally like Focus sons. You need to watch what you breed him too (just like every bull). I think his daughters are superb, and this will be what he is remembered for.

Fame, Focus these cattle don't generally sire bulls with much of a crest or character. In other words that aren't very masculine

Latest posts