S A V Final Answer vs. Junear 807J

Help Support CattleToday:

i used Final Answer a few yrs ago had 3 calves not a good sampling but he took to much frame off for me they were thick enough just never anything i wanted to keep dont know anything about the 807j but if hes the Ohlde bull 13627989 id say hed be smaller framed to. If i was picking between the 2 it would be Final Answer for sure.(if i got the right 807j)

Don't know Junear, but I've seen lots of Final Answers. They are thick and nice! Seem to have good dispositions. A farm near me has used him for 8 or 9 years and the bulls they sell are the top selling group every year.I would breed to him anyday.

I agree mattnoll I have seen a lot of his progeny and what his numbers say is what you get. He is a very proven bull

Thanks for the input, we are getting ready to flush two 13 year old cows and those are the two bulls we are considering. We flushed both cows in December and they produced a total of 32 usable eggs. One cow 065 is a Lucy's Boy reg# 13847351 the other A47 is an 8180 x EXT reg #13756009. We are keeping them open this year and just flushing and getting eggs in the tank. The last flush we used Boyd New Day 8005 on the A47 cow and our herd bull 6149 reg #15730734 on the 065 cow. I may split the difference this go round and use 0035 on 065 and Juneau on the A47 cow. Both the cows are very maternal the 065 was purchased from the Fink program as an 8 month old calf. We actually purchased the A47 cow in a dispersal sale with the intent of flushing her after seeing her calves. 065 has a better udder than the A47 cow and from what I am hearing Juneau will clean up the udder better than FA. Again thanks for the input.

Gizmom

Well no changing our minds now the 065 cow was bred to FA and the A47 to Juneau. Dr. Hinshaw will be here on the 19th to do the flush. I wish we had some recips to put eggs in but will have to wait for next year.

Gizmom

Well I had the day right but the date wrong. Dr. Hinshaw was here today the 16th to do the flush. I wasn't able to get out I have been home with the crud, but after today may never go to anothr flush. They seem to do much better when I am not around. The 065 cow produced 32 eggs 25 grade 1 and 7 grade 2's. The A47 cow produced 18 eggs 14 grade 1 and 4 grade 2's. Last time we did pretty good but this was exceptional.

Gizmom

That sounds like an awesome day of flushing! Please let us know how the calves do whenever they get here.
Congrats!

I just bought a reg. final answer son this year so I'm looking forward to see his calves next year also. The bull I bought had light BW and low WW but YW was impressive. I'm gonna use him on heifers

Latest posts