Round Baler

Help Support CattleToday:

COMAIR":1gu672zi said:
What kind of baler would you buy? John Deere or New Holland.
Vermeer started the large round baler technology and still leads the industry.
slide1.jpg

I have an older New Holland (1990 853) but others around have newer ones which have all given good service.I've also driven aJohn Deere and was well pleased with it. Vermeer prodsuucts have agood rep also.Guess it depends on price and dealer support /distance.

John Deere.........

As far as dealer support goes, my dealership is great but I only use them for my tractors (computer controlled and lots of electronics).

Most farmers can't afford to pay someone to come out and fix their equipment, or they ain't a real farmer anyway. :lol:

We are known for being mechanics, carpenters, plumbers, electricians, vets, what ever it takes.. That's how we have survived over the past 70 years.
Do it yourself, its done right and you save money

New Holland in a heartbeat. I've baled circles around JD balers, both old and new. I've also had custom baling done in the past, and the JD bales were simply not consistent in weight, nor did they have nice square shoulders like an NH bale for ease of hauling. The NH equipment is also cheaper to repair and cheaper to buy.

Rod

If you have both dealers right there next to you its a toss up, your choice, but like already mentioned we have a Vermeer 604 K series and its been a great baler

john deere amazing balers every farm around here has them only people who dont are the ones who have big sqaures

Latest posts