Round baler suggestions?

Help Support CattleToday:

etmountianman71":lp2pl555 said:
Angus Cowman":lp2pl555 said:
etmountianman71":lp2pl555 said:
My two cents worth is to get a Vermeer. We bought a Vermeer 5410 Rebel and it has changed our complete outlook on baling. It has the options for string or netwrap as with many others. Easy to use, maintain, work on (as with any baler there will be issues). But i did not know what it was like to go out and bale hay (thick or thin) and not have to babysit the equipment. As stated earlier, make sure that you have a viable dealer for any brand that you select. Part availability is key.
I am sorry you bought a vermeer haha

Okay, got to ask why you think that?

After looking into this for a year and going into the field and watching several different brands, several different types of forage, and several different auctions (to see what was holding the price), i chose the best option.
Main reason I say that is I have had to pull into too many fields to bale when the vermeers went down plus a vermeer wont match a NH on speed or bale consistancy like a deere or a NH plus a vermeer is notorius for bearings going out and belts breaking
NH's belts will outlast a Vermeers because NH's dont carry the weight of the bale on the belts like a deere or Vermeer
As for net wrap installation I would rather put a roll in a NH anyday even tho you have to carry it to the front of baler roll it out on your shoulder carry ut around and slide it on the rod
I guess if you are only baling a few 100 bales a yr a vermeer would be fine

Super glad i made that choice as it is as i stated earlier. Extremely dependable and puts up a good bale of hay. Funny thing is after speaking with dealers here in the south east and across the country, several of them noted that different manufactures have the same basic design pros and cons.
:deadhorse:

Latest posts