Ron got a deal for you!

Help Support CattleToday:

That's a lot of money because of how their bred. If Ron would've bred them AI to the bulls of the month club they'd sell for that price and maybe more depending on the cows age.

TennesseeTuxedo":sfoxhl4s said:
Bright Raven":sfoxhl4s said:
That seems very cheap! They look sound.

The price is about right...unfortunately.

Yep, commercial heifers are going for around $700 here. A nothing special Grey Brahman heifer is $2500. Usually the price on Brahman will dip $500 when cold, wet, and nasty weather reaches us. Not this year. Wanted to buy some on Friday then quickly put my wallet back in my pocket.

JWBrahman":2rqqfnfn said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2rqqfnfn said:
Bright Raven":2rqqfnfn said:
That seems very cheap! They look sound.

Yep, commercial heifers are going for around $700 here. A nothing special Grey Brahman heifer is $2500. Usually the price on Brahman will dip $500 when cold, wet, and nasty weather reaches us. Not this year. Wanted to buy some on Friday then quickly put my wallet back in my pocket.
How old are the heifers that are bringing that much?

This is what happens when commercial bred cows that size are bringing $7-800 at the local sale barn.

5S Cattle":35pzfa2q said:
JWBrahman":35pzfa2q said:
TennesseeTuxedo":35pzfa2q said:

7-8 months old

That 101 cow looks like a heart failure case, or could just be fat, would have to see in person, others aren't bad.

According to the last 2 sales I went to here, and what was sold at a recent small bull sale that offers some registered angus and limi heifers, that price is a little high. Most at the sales, not registered, are in the 6-900 range and the registered ones last Sat brought right at 1600 but several had floor prices and did not sell. Confirmed preg with heifer calves in them.

JWBrahman":1bg856xq said:
5S Cattle":1bg856xq said:
JWBrahman":1bg856xq said:

7-8 months old
Good lord. I have 20 I'd sell for cheaper than that right now

farmerjan":rk6fuu76 said:
According to the last 2 sales I went to here, and what was sold at a recent small bull sale that offers some registered angus and limi heifers, that price is a little high. Most at the sales, not registered, are in the 6-900 range and the registered ones last Sat brought right at 1600 but several had floor prices and did not sell. Confirmed preg with heifer calves in them.

Again this thread shows that the market is varying alot from region to region. I put a bid on 3 head of Hereford females selling today at a production sale. Hereford females sell well in our area. My top bid was 2,300. The 4 y/o cow with a 3 wk old heifer calf brought $2,700 and a 4 y/o heavy bred 3,000 and a coming 3 y/o heavy bred heifer brought 3. All nice females but can't justify anymore than what I bid for a commercial herd. So by those prices these cows are reasonable. I was waiting for these so will do some shopping now.

On farm dispersal is a lot different than special sales barn situations.
Our last on farm dispersal bred cow, some registered, most pricing was $950 to $1800, a couple higher.
First bred cow sales barn special is next week. They will be less...
A lot of feed in the Dakotas this fall. That may support local pricing somewhat. South of us, the hay is being sucked towards droughty Missoura.

Latest posts