Romagnola Cattle ? ? ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Tommy Ruyle":2ziyjis2 said:
I'm looking at starting a herd of Romagnola cattle. Has anyone had any experience with them? What are the negitives?

tbr

Where you gunna sell the calves?

I don't know from first hand experience, but I have been reading everything that I can find about them and asking whoever will listen and give me the time since I saw them at the KY beef expo last year. It seems that they are still relatively hard to find, but the price has come down quite a bit from a few years ago. The majority are not polled, they do feed out well, gain quick with good carcass scores, and marble well if crossed with a british breed. They are probably, in the end, not much different than any of the other terminal sire breeds. Good luck and keep us informed. I would like to have a bull myself, but "black sells" in my parts, making it harder for me to justify. They do say, however, that the calves will be colored like the mama's, but I want to see if for myself first. Too many red calves dropped from past black bulls x black mama's in my experience.

We have had Romagnola Cattle for several years now. If you'd like to call my husband can tell you anything you'd like to know about them...931-296-9920 Duck River Romagnola in Tennessee

I have had a herd of Romagnola cattle for the last couple of years and i am very happy with them. Of all the continental beeds i think they have the most going for them. I run in the high deserts of northeastern califonia and western nevada. If we get six inches of rain in one year it is a good year. My Romagnola cattle hold weight better and eat less than the angus cattle by far. Your calves will finish yeild grade 1's and 2's, with 85% going choice and the othe 15% divided pretty even between prime and select. Maybe 1% of your calves will come out white the rest will have the color of the mother(red or black). I personly don't have any bulls for sale right now but if you are on my side of the mississippi I know where you can find some very nice bull. Just ask.

Latest posts