Rifle of choice around the Ranch?

Help Support CattleToday:

I have a 410 gage, 3 inch magnum, full choke, pistol grip, short barrel shotgun. Better know as a snake charmer.
Also like my 22 Mag. 8)

If all else fails I keep a 40 Cal. S&W in the truck.

Rem 700 BDL in 6mm Remington w/ a Leupold scope. It is an oldy (mid 1960's model) with a scarred and dinged stock but it still shoots into 1/2" at 100 yards every time. 75 grain V-Max bullets lays yotes down like lightning.

Geeee that's a tough one for me to say.I love all of my guns.22 semi-auto with stingers is a bunch of fun.22 mag Win lever action with 3x9 scope is deadly 100 plus yards.Moss 12 ga. 3"mag pump w/7 round tube,45 colt combat commander,10.5" 44mag Ruger Blackhawk and Iver Johnson 380 auto is home protection.But out of all my guns the Rem 700 BDL 8mm Mag 6X12 scope is my sweetheart.A real power house,don't kick like a mule like my 340 Weatherby.A 58 cal black powder shooting 180 grains of ffg is a blast too.Sometimes the neighbors call asking whats going on.

I just tote the ruger stainless synthetic 10/22 for general use. If I think that I may need something with a little more bark it may be anything from a 220 Swift to a 6.5 Bullberry Improved Contender or a 218 Bee or 22 K-Hornet, or 250 Savage, maybe even a 219 Donaldson Wasp or 257 Ackley Improved. Kind of depends on what I want to play with on any given day. There are others in the safes that hardly ever see the light of day but sometimes I feel like exercising one of them so they'll get a ride along for a day.

Usually a lever action Browning .22, with iron sights. Other times I take along a Ruger 10/22 wood stock with a Simmons scope. Both .22's have hollow point CCI's loaded in them.
For bigger firepower, Remington .270 bolt action, or for shotgun use: Remington 11/87 12 gauge.

410 and 12 gauge, depending on if it is dog, snake or nosey person. Loaded and leaning by the bedroom door.

Rugger 77 in 223 with a 16" barrel gets carried the most but my favorite to shoot is the 10/22. Cheap, like me.

cfpinz

Sako TRG-42 in .338 Lapua Mag. w/ 5X25 Nightforce scope.

Good for about 1500 yards. :lol:

Learned the hard way.........Don't start slinging almost a half ounce of lead without a muzzle brake. :roll:

Just kidding...... a .223 stays in the truck with me.

From the Kimber Custom Shop:

.45 acp government model pistol with trijicon night sites. Loaded with 230 grain Winchester Black Talons. My aim is true........

Brahma Bull, where do you buy ammo for your 8 mm mag.? I've also got a Remington 700 BDL in 8 mm mag., but have had difficulty finding factory ammo in Houston. Been saving my brass in case I have to resort to begging somebody to do some reloading for me. The 8 mag. sure does give the hogs a severe earache. ;-)

Latest posts