Rifle of choice around the Ranch?

Help Support CattleToday:

Shotgun....can't hit squat with a rifle any more. Besides its growing up around here and a freeway will soon be in our back yard.
Haven't shot my 03-A3, 4X12 optics, in years will probably give it to the youngest son.
Dmc

grannysoo":2oy9w6xn said:
From the Kimber Custom Shop:

.45 acp government model pistol with trijicon night sites. Loaded with 230 grain Winchester Black Talons. My aim is true........

I hear that. Mine is not so nice, built it myself. Not so pretty, but it works. I do like to shoot it. Only problem is finding brass in the grass.

Also a .22 Colt woodsman. Also .38 S&W.
(Yes, we realize these are not rifles)

Arnold Ziffle":12sby2kz said:
Brahma Bull, where do you buy ammo for your 8 mm mag.? I've also got a Remington 700 BDL in 8 mm mag., but have had difficulty finding factory ammo in Houston. Been saving my brass in case I have to resort to begging somebody to do some reloading for me. The 8 mag. sure does give the hogs a severe earache. ;-)

The last time I had bought ammo for it was at Walmart in Cuero.That has been some years back now.I bought like 10 or 12 boxes.What was nice was the first time they had 3 or 4 boxes,had them for a long time,50% off to get rid of them.Next year there the boxes were again,couldn't sell them.I bought all of them again.I am getting low now so will look around.I got a bunch of brass.Yeah buddy it will knock a 200# wild hog flat on the ground.Absolutley love my 8mm mag of all my guns.

It seems that everyone has a different caliber of their choice. And thats just the way it should be. I mainly carry the hornet all time, but like Dunn I have so many rifles I will get a wild hair and take a different one every so often.Almost like having a new gun.Besides that I like for all my guns to be shot every now and then.
Some go for the large bore for knock down power,and sometimes I do also. But all in all I think shot placement is the most important,no mater what caliber.But on the other hand I want something that will do the job when it does hit the right place.

Cal

Arnold Ziffle":2o36t9is said:
Brahma Bull, where do you buy ammo for your 8 mm mag.? I've also got a Remington 700 BDL in 8 mm mag., but have had difficulty finding factory ammo in Houston. Been saving my brass in case I have to resort to begging somebody to do some reloading for me. The 8 mag. sure does give the hogs a severe earache. ;-)
Gunbroker.com has several boxes for sale.

Latest posts