Rick Perry Possible Secretary of Agriculture

Help Support CattleToday:

BK9954

Reaction score
Some possible positive news is Trump has considered Rick Perry, former Texas governor. to be the secretary of agriculture. This might be a good thing. Trump also talking about doing away with the TPP trade deal. Cross your fingers.

TPP, NAFTA all that could be dead. It will be interesting to see what ramifications that could have. NAFTA is part of the reason we have had so many people moving north. Hopefully that will stop.

BK9954":27hgboqy said:
Some possible positive news is Trump has considered Rick Perry, former Texas governor. to be the secretary of agriculture. This might be a good thing.
.....don't know what to think of that.

Bestoutwest":2n3vvcrn said:
TPP, NAFTA all that could be dead. It will be interesting to see what ramifications that could have. NAFTA is part of the reason we have had so many people moving north. Hopefully that will stop.

nafta will take some time and negotiations but both Canada and Mexico are open to it .

Schumer announced yesterday TPP is DEAD , its only hope would be a the new POTUS to take it up and get it ratified by congress which is Highly unlikely

M-5":1o28hnc9 said:
nafta will take some time and negotiations but both Canada and Mexico are open to it .

Schumer announced yesterday TPP is DEAD , its only hope would be a the new POTUS to take it up and get it ratified by congress which is Highly unlikely

That's good news about TPP. You want to talk about the US getting screwed more than it has.....I can't believe Barry signed it in the first place.

Bestoutwest":29oh6o56 said:
M-5":29oh6o56 said:

That's good news about TPP. You want to talk about the US getting screwed more than it has.....I can't believe Barry signed it in the first place.

obviously you didn't study ole Barry very well. Must have been sick that day. LOL , I can believe he signed and believe he thinks it was not enough .

Not a real big fan of Perry. After promising not to, he stripped a lot of funding out of Texas Parks and wildlife, which caused fishing and hunting lic fees to go up considerably.

And then there is this Texas land grab that was going to include a LOT of eminent domain action:

According to TxDOT documents released in June 2002, "Governor Rick Perry wrote Transportation Commission Chairman John W. Johnson on January 30, 2002 to outline his vision for the Trans Texas Corridor. The governor asked the three-member commission to assemble the Texas Department of Transportation's top talent to create and deliver a Trans Texas Corridor implementation plan in 90 days."[2]
In spite of public complaints–and both the 2006 platforms of the Texas Republican[26] and Democratic[27] parties opposing the plan–Governor Rick Perry continued to support the TTC.[28]

I am not a fan either most people forget the governor of Texas is a figurehead. The Lt governor runs the state as the constitution was set up that way during reconstruction to keep the yankee appointed from having real power.

greybeard":2shwepta said:
Not a real big fan of Perry. After promising not to, he stripped a lot of funding out of Texas Parks and wildlife, which caused fishing and hunting lic fees to go up considerably.

And then there is this Texas land grab that was going to include a LOT of eminent domain action:

According to TxDOT documents released in June 2002, "Governor Rick Perry wrote Transportation Commission Chairman John W. Johnson on January 30, 2002 to outline his vision for the Trans Texas Corridor. The governor asked the three-member commission to assemble the Texas Department of Transportation's top talent to create and deliver a Trans Texas Corridor implementation plan in 90 days."[2]
In spite of public complaints–and both the 2006 platforms of the Texas Republican[26] and Democratic[27] parties opposing the plan–Governor Rick Perry continued to support the TTC.[28]
The TTC was a flop.. Glad it never made it. General hunting license is $25. What was it before?

BK9954":etaw0o9l said:
The TTC was a flop.. Glad it never made it. General hunting license is $25. What was it before?
$19 in 2002 if I remember correctly, and it had just been increased before in 1995 or '96..

http://www.millerfortexas.com/

A better pick then Perry as far as I can tell. And a Texas boy. Call me bias and proud for Texas but my bloodline goes back here before the civil war. He appears to be pretty darn conservative which is what we need.

gizmom":23bqqmup said:
Trump Campaign announces agricultural advisory committee, it looks like the team being assembled is pretty deep in all areas of ag.

http://agview.net/articles/features...ign-announces-agricultural-advisory-committee

Gizmom

Impressive list to start with. Helen Grove used to own a big chunk of land here in the Shenandoah valley in Va. and was a big part of our farming community before she finally sold to go back to TX to the "home place". Looks like a diverse and well rounded group.

Latest posts