rescanned my Kubota today different problem

Help Support CattleToday:

hillrancher

Reaction score
Have trouble with Kubota at times will not go over 1700 rpms. The local dealer had the scanner brought over and said it was the throttle sensor. The cost would be 1200 to 1400 dollars to fix.
Today parts man called said factory rep. was in town would I bring it over. Rescanned found it to be 2 and 3 injectors bad. If I could wait for them to send the injector to Atlanta may not cost anything to fix. I am also going to get a new paint on fenders and hood. This explains why a person gets so many new parts on repairs at the local shops. Have already spent 320 $ diagnostic before.

We've got a 2007 Kubota M7040 that recently had to go to the shop to have some bearings in the steering wheel replace because it had pulled loose within the housing. The mechanic said this is a common problem brought on by people using the wheel to pull themselves up into the seat rather than using the grab handles.

Overall it's a great tractor that is very easy to drive.

hillrancher":1u4hwgi2 said:
Have trouble with Kubota at times will not go over 1700 rpms. The local dealer had the scanner brought over and said it was the throttle sensor. The cost would be 1200 to 1400 dollars to fix.
Today parts man called said factory rep. was in town would I bring it over. Rescanned found it to be 2 and 3 injectors bad. If I could wait for them to send the injector to Atlanta may not cost anything to fix. I am also going to get a new paint on fenders and hood. This explains why a person gets so many new parts on repairs at the local shops. Have already spent 320 $ diagnostic before.
ive had a MX5100 HST 4x4 with LA 844 quick tatch loader for a year now an i wouldnt trade it for anything.i take it your kubota is a grand L,i dont like them at all because of all the electronics on them to give you headaches.

That's the exact reason I got rid of a Kioti too dang many whistles and bells went back to a TT 60 New Holland as plain Jane as it gets. I still climb on the 1977 Massey 9 out of 10 times. All that computer electronics have no place on a tractor IMO. I need a tractor I can work on.

Shop called said to expect to pay $4442.00 For the two injectors and labor for changing. This is making me not so happy to own a pumkin colored tractor.

hillrancher":1ggw2now said:
Shop called said to expect to pay $4442.00 For the two injectors and labor for changing. This is making me not so happy to own a pumkin colored tractor.

Changeing an injector is not complicated. What are they charging for? How much does each injector cost?
Big question why did the injector's go bad? I had four rebuilt for an A4236 Perkins cost me under 300 dollars.

The injection system is a elecreonic system with the rail pressure. The parts cannot be bought on open market only at the service centers.
This is no bull. It makilng me think about a conventinal system not the new wire systems. I have bought a few hundred injector in the past nothing like this.

hillrancher":1j5t1p8z said:
The injection system is a elecreonic system with the rail pressure. The parts cannot be bought on open market only at the service centers.
This is no bull. It makilng me think about a conventinal system not the new wire systems. I have bought a few hundred injector in the past nothing like this.

That tractor would be like a tree and leave.

I've had similar problems with a Deere. Fuel systems on Tier 2 and Tier 3 engines are extremely sensitive to any fuel contamination. Filter, filter, filter. Stock 3 changes on the fuel filters. Buy a goldenrod water filter for storage tanks. filter. filterfilter

TennesseeTuxedo":x2xsms0y said:
We've got a 2007 Kubota M7040 that recently had to go to the shop to have some bearings in the steering wheel replace because it had pulled loose within the housing. The mechanic said this is a common problem brought on by people using the wheel to pull themselves up into the seat rather than using the grab handles.

Overall it's a great tractor that is very easy to drive.

If that problem is what I'm thinking it's mostly just pee poor design.

fitz

Latest posts