replacing Belts on a MF 1560 baler

Help Support CattleToday:

Triple L

Reaction score
I had a belt twist on a MF 1560 baler. It's the same as a Vermeer 605F baler. Since I'm new to round bales I was wnting to know how to remove and replace the belt. I think I need to remove the tension off the belts to do this, but I don't have a repair manual. I was able to make 4 bales before the belt twisted. The belt is the forming belt I'd say about 10 iches wide. thanks i nadvance for any help :?:

if the belt is just twisted raise the gate up a bit so the belts are a little loose then squeeze the ends of the belt together so it is a U shape take a piece of twine and tie the belt in that position tie it in a knot so it will hold then get on the tractor and put your PTO in gear the belt will turn and straighten itself the string will come off by it self

:clap:
simcross":2mivio3i said:
if the belt is just twisted raise the gate up a bit so the belts are a little loose then squeeze the ends of the belt together so it is a U shape take a piece of twine and tie the belt in that position tie it in a knot so it will hold then get on the tractor and put your PTO in gear the belt will turn and straighten itself the string will come off by it self
:clap:
Thanks 4 the post

I tried opening the gate to get enough slack, got some but nit enough. So I back the baler into the barn and got the come-a-long out and attached it to the rollers in the middle of the baler. I cranked it up and ened up with plenty of slack and best part was thew gate was down (nothing to fall). Then I was able to un-twist both belts just using me bare hands. Of course I had to twist it the wrong way the first time. Once I finished with that I remove the come-a-long then slide a board between the baler and belts to even up the slack in all the belts.
Thanks for the input. Always good to know folks here are ready to help out.

Latest posts