Remedy application rates

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I have been spraying Remedy Ultra on some of my pastures. 7 ounces to the acre is not giving me a good kill. I guess I'm just tight, but I can't see spraying a quart to the acre. What are some various application rates you guys have had good luck with? I do use surfactant.

Bigfoot":1ygll0j0 said:
I have been spraying Remedy Ultra on some of my pastures. 7 ounces to the acre is not giving me a good kill. I guess I'm just tight, but I can't see spraying a quart to the acre. What are some various application rates you guys have had good luck with? I do use surfactant.

Half pint of remedy to a pint 2,4-d
Half pint of remedy to 1/4 oz Clean Pasture.

I've been spraying either remedy or 2,4d. Not both together. Do they work better together?

1982vett":1snewvzm said:
Bigfoot":1snewvzm said:

I am running a 1/2 pint of Remedy to the quart of 2-4-D

Caustic Burno":u1k0a89b said:
1982vett":u1k0a89b said:
Bigfoot":u1k0a89b said:

I have used this combination with pretty good luck. It did not work as well on some perennials (ragweed and Carolina horsenettle) as I had hoped. Killed the top, but they came back. Remedy by itself works on woody plants well, with so-so results on broadleaf weeds.

Bigfoot":250xkoge said:
Horse nettle and ragweed are what it's not killing for me.

The tough stuff like nettle and berries I run 1 to 1.
A quart ot remedy to a quart of 2-4-D and spot spray gettin a better coverage and it takes the nettle out.

Bigfoot":2ctci6bk said:
Someone told me that crop oil works better than surfactant, anyone try that?

I have always wanted to try grazon. I see all you guys talk about it. I have my card to buy it, but nobody in town carries it.

Caustic Burno":118haggr said:
1982vett":118haggr said:
Bigfoot":118haggr said:

I got a little of my Dad in me....I'm to cheap to go a quart but I agree a quart would do a better job.

Bigfoot":39hljxrd said:
I have always wanted to try grazon. I see all you guys talk about it. I have my card to buy it, but nobody in town carries it.

I won't allow it on my pasture's. Grazon is not you your friend.
Grazon doesn't know the difference between good seed and bad seed, great product if you are selling seed out of a feed store.

I run 1qt remedy and 1 qt 2,4-d mixed together in 100 gals of water with 1-2 pints of 80/20 surfactant added to the final 25 gals. Looking at it again yesterday, after spraying a month ago I got about 85% kill on goatweed. 60-maybe 70% on tallow, and maybe 40% kill on blackberry and 50% on gum. Hard to tell with sweetgum--it takes a long time for it to actually die.
I saw no nettle when spraying, but have had some come up since then, and I know now, I missed a lot while spraying slopes. Spraying slopes changes the geometry of a boomless nozzle pattern. Overshoot some places, and get a narrow wet swath on the opposite side.
I will be spot spraying nettle 50/50 remedy to water and the spraying the same 60 acres again in late Sept with the same 1 qt/100 gal water mix ratio I used in late May.

Latest posts