Hay baling rates

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm going to talk a little more on custom baling.
It sounds like you got a good baler that's good. A person getting into custom baling with old worn out equipment is asking for trouble. People want their crop done right not laying on the ground while your broke down.sure Even new equipment can break so it helps to have a friend you can trust. If you call in a competition to bail you out because you're broke down. You very likely will get hooked out of that job next year if it's not someone with good ethics. You need to know what your doing of course. People paying expect a professional not someone with the gear still learning how to use it.
Schedule is a nightmare. All you can do is be fair. If booked and weather isn't right you give the customer the choice to proceed with work or get moved back in the schedule. It's all you can do.
Be prepared to hurt some feelings. You'll get calls to bale short,thin,weedy,rocky, trashy bumpy fields, creek bottoms, ditches, ridges mesquite flats.so on. Be willing to politely say no and maybe offer advice on what needs to be done to get the field hayable for next year. Offer to do it if you're capable and interested. For pay of course.
My mother in law is still mad at me for not baling some of hers.

Latest posts