Relationships with fathers

Help Support CattleToday:

Thank you Cowboy for clearing the situation up and for some reason I thought that was what it was like so all I can say is.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Age doesn't make you smarter it doesn't matter how old you are if you are an a$$hle ya gotta earn the respect.
I hope your dad gets a clue before it's too late but somehow I don't think that will happen.
Syd

Wow, Herefordcross did you open a can of worms or what? :p Good topic I think alot of us needed to get stuff out I hope it has helped you to though. And hey the good part is it hasn't been locked yet. ;-)
Syd

syd and cowboyup, I did get the post, and see how you want to rant and rave. but it is still your Father. you should try to sit down with him and tell him carlmly how you feel. and why you don't want him to work your cattle on his own, be polite and respectful as respect works both ways, tell him this as well. I have never had it tough with my Folks so I don't know what it is like to have a situation like this, but I have worked with kids that have and talking is a powerful thing. I don't disrespect nor do I dislike you as I don't know you, I just don't like anyone dissing their parents. As they are the ones who bought you into this world, and makes you what you are. all be it right or wrong. weak or strong.

even if I thought the way you do cowboyup I would not vent in that way. Plus it sounds like you vented to your father so why be disrespectful on here. Venting on a message board is usually in lew of not doing it to the person you are angry with.

Not sure if all you say of your father is true, but the picture you paint of him, I feel I can say it seems the apple has not fell far from the tree then.

I was seriously disrespectful to my father twice in my life. Once when I was 18 and once when I was 38 and I still can remember the look on his face, both the anger and disappointment and I fill bad every-time I think about it.

I do know that some fathers are bad (I have close family with a molester father) but most deserve great respect.

Cowboyup, honor thy Father and thy Mother.

My old man can break a train rail and I have to fix it. I never argue with him about anything. He was not always like this but his age has caught up with him. I relish every minute with him as I know the clock is winding down.

Biological Father is NO COUNT. Have not spoken to him in 20 years and never will again. Grand Father was GOLDEN I named my first born after him. He went to Heaven 15 years ago...I miss him every day! John E. Bassett was the finest man I have ever known! Im tearing up just writing this.

Was blessed with great Parents! My sons are Zachary David, Trey David and daughter is Jessica Joyce Can you guess my parents names? ;-)

Both my parents turned out good and rose above the fact that both their fathers were alcoholic, womanizing, child abandonment fathers. So I never really had much or a relationship with my Grandfathers. Some sporadic efforts but not anything long term.

I feel so lucky readiing some of these threads to have had, the best Daddy and Grandaddy in the World. both Idealised me and me them, my Mum's, Dad was around for the first five years of my life but I remember him like he was here yesterday. Dad's, Dad died when Dad was only 3. My Dad died when he was 67, he never laid a hand on any of us 3 kids, he had better ways of punishment he knew your achellis heel, and banned you from what you most liked doing for a few days and if you answerd him back he would up the ainty. He was one smart man. Strickt but fair. and boy do I miss them two.

Latest posts