Registered Beefmaster bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Bfields30

Reaction score
Looked at these 3 virgin bulls 2.5 3 yrs old I like the motley face one all there disposition are great that's really what call my attention very gentle. Anyone on hear run beefmaster or run them on black cows.

I've got a black beefmaster bull. He has proven to be heterozygous black. I figured he was going in, so that parts a non issue. For a guy like me, with a set of commercial cows, it's a mute point, but to me their registry is a bit wide open.

Brute 23 said:
Are they being sold out of some ones pasture or from a breeder?

They are pretty old to be virgin bulls.

He's a breeder runs registered herd in my area him and his mom have had beefmaster since 1970s. Run all registered they usually sell the bulls around 2-3 yrs old

It was only 3 in this bunch the guy raises these bulls on my father in law place so I've seen all 3 of them grow up. Just was seeing how they did on black cows I've heard good things just wanted to double check

The white face weaned at 780 lbs his bw is 75lbs the guy doesn't push his on feed. They been off feed for about 6 months. Just on hay and grass white Face Is around 17-1800 lbs

Bfields30 said:
The white face weaned at 780 lbs his bw is 75lbs the guy doesn't push his on feed. They been off feed for about 6 months. Just on hay and grass white Face Is around 17-1800 lbs
those numbers don't make him look any better..if your breeding for future replacements you want a stronger, deeper. bull...built like the top bull.though he's not perfect..that motley bull looks like he's gonna fold up like a lawn chair..

We've been running two registered Beefmaster bulls for four years now in our commercial herd. They're half brothers out of the same sire and they are big. They've been great in all aspects. They can be handled very easily, very gentle - only one had to get talked to in the first week. Since then neither one has so much as snorted or shook his head at anyone on the place. Good breeders and haven't hurt a cow or heifer. Calves out of both have ranged from 80-100 lbs. Calves gain well on straight grass. We've been nothing but extremely satisfied with the breed.

I bought a Judd Ranch Balancer at the spring sale this year. I'm going to wait until next fall to see for sure but they may be making good on their guarantee and I'll go get another Beefmaster.

Both bulls are red - homozygous. On anything but a black cow we've gotten mostly all deep red, with a few red with chrome, cream, and some gray out of Charolais cows. Black cows so far have always given a black calf.

Latest posts