Red Poll / Brahma cross

Help Support CattleToday:

Jovid

Reaction score
Below are pics of a calf from a Brahma cow and a Red Poll bull. The calf was 3 1/2 months old when the pics were taken

BrahmaCalf4.jpg

BrahmaCalf1.jpg

we don't have many brahma cattle here in indiana, but i did breed my red poll to a char cow this spring. i will post pics when she calves

while i am very impressed with your bulls i think this calf is ugly and average at best.hes about a .75 animal at my local salebarn.

he aint got the best moma in the world,, my B.i.l. had a heifer from a AI mating, from a red poll cow.. that was a cracker jack,, she was still producing into her late teens

piedmontese":3kf43nrn said:
while i am very impressed with your bulls i think this calf is ugly and average at best.hes about a .75 animal at my local salebarn.

I would bet that if it was a heifer there would be several cattleman from the south that would love to have her as a momma cow.

Sorry I like the red poll cattle for their maternal traits, but a cow like that need a muscle bull to put a but on that calf. A Limi or Char would get the job done quite nicely.

i would like to say i am not a red poll poll breeder, my cows are mostly angus and hereford. last spring i bought a red poll bull to cross on them. and when we gave him his bse even the vet commented on what a nice hip he had. i think the breed like the herefords have come a long way in just the last 10 or 15 years jmo

Jovid":21cwucn6 said:
piedmontese":21cwucn6 said:

I would bet that if it was a heifer there would be several cattleman from the south that would love to have her as a momma cow.

No thanks. The cow is sub-par and produces sub-par calves. Tiger stripes still need to be heavy boned and have muscle.

Commerce20":3d1yxqs5 said:
angusdave63 I would like to see pics your red poll cross calves.

Here are some Red Poll cross calves

Whiteyandcalf.jpg

Red Poll / mixed breed white cow

DSCF1184.jpg

Red Poll / black angus

Commcalf1.jpg

Red Poll / Beefmaster

045.jpg

0332.jpg

Red Poll / Crossbred cow probably Simmental influenced

Jovid":v6rmjpco said:
Commerce20":v6rmjpco said:
angusdave63 I would like to see pics your red poll cross calves.

Here are some Red Poll cross calves

Whiteyandcalf.jpg

Red Poll / mixed breed white cow

DSCF1184.jpg

Red Poll / black angus

Commcalf1.jpg

Red Poll / Beefmaster

045.jpg

0332.jpg

Red Poll / Crossbred cow probably Simmental influenced

They look like the will mash the scales down at weaning.

Latest posts