Red Angus Association Memberships

Help Support CattleToday:

dcara

Reaction score
There is a state association in Texas for Red Angus. I was curious what the advantages of belonging to a state assn vs. the national assn was. I know I could ask them, and I will, but wanted other opinions also.

Probably most people are signed up for both. Does the Texas assoc have a registry?

We belong to the state association to participate in their sales and to get stuck every year tending the booth for farmfest in springfield. The national association permits you to register your cattle and keep their EPDs and data current.
BTW, the folks in the national office are great folks and are alwasy more then willing to lend a hand with questions/problems.

Major breed's national associations maintain registration records and calculate EPDs. State breed associations are geared more toward marketing and promotion (at least this is true with Angus). If you want to register animals, you're probably going to have to join the national association.

Thanks folks. I recognized a couple of the members as people I've done business with in the past. Guess I should probably check with them also. But then I don't guess they would be members if they didn't think it was worth it.