?? Reasonable $$ for sweep tub and alley panels ??

Help Support CattleToday:

sweep1.jpg

sweep3.jpg

sweep2.jpg

TennesseeTuxedo":33mnh97f said:
Looks to be in decent condition. Where's the sweep gate?

Looks like the gate is opened all the way against the panel.

TexasBred":2pxi9642 said:
Angus Cowman":2pxi9642 said:
I doubt you will touch that for $2k
I'd charge half that much just to disassemble it and haul it
Well, we shall see, AC . . . . I try to keep my mind set at "cup half full" rather than "cup half empty;" and that the worst someone can say if you ask is "no." If I'm lucky, maybe I'll be the only one in the market for a sweep that day.

TB, Have trailer, etc. to transport and help to get it torn apart/loaded/off-loaded.

Good looking outfit. Does the rusty chute go with it. I would have to have the operators manual and get my grandson to explain it all to me.

We had a tub and alley like that. Held up fairly well, but was just not big enough for running what we had, so we upgraded to a For-Most system. Pretty sturdy and we bought it from a neighbor that had gotten out of the business. I don't think I'd go over 2K for it.

I bought a 135 degree Big Valley sweep tub at an auction a few years ago for $900. It was like new (I don't think it had ever been used) but of lower quality than the one you pictured. At the same sale I bought an older Powder River crowd alley with cut out gates and a squeeze chute for $1,600. I didn't need the chute so I left it there and they sold it at their next sale for $1,100. So I am into my sweep and alley $1,500. Comparing what you pictured to what I have.... I am thinking that $2,500-3,000 will buy it but you never know with an auction. I once bought a $10,000 manure spreader that hadn't been used 10 times for $800 at an auction.

Cabo":21igre3v said:
Good looking outfit. Does the rusty chute go with it. I would have to have the operators manual and get my grandson to explain it all to me.
Rusty chute is not part of the package, Cabo, and we don't need one. Have a very good chute here, waiting for its sweep tub. :)

The only thing about that system that I am even mildly concerned about is if you don't have an outside way to keep the bottom of the tub from pushing out you may need to connect the posts at the bottom to the pivot point like the top is fixed.

Cabo":3tr8jppu said:
The only thing about that system that I am even mildly concerned about is if you don't have an outside way to keep the bottom of the tub from pushing out you may need to connect the posts at the bottom to the pivot point like the top is fixed.

It appears to me that it is set up just for the pictures. My tub is connected accross the ground to the pivot point. But if I were setting it up temporary for pictures I wouldn't have connected them because they are a bit of a pain to set up.

Kathie, that is a very nice set up. If you can get it for 2k snatch it up. I bought a Green River set up a few years ago. It has a holding corral, sweep and alley and it was 5k. It is made of very heavy galvanized 3" tube with 6ft sides but it does not have solid walls which is one thing I wish I had. It works great and is very durable and heavy but I think the set up you are looking at is a better system.

Appreciate all the feedback, CT folks. A few other things on my "want list" will probably have to go on hold until this auction is done (early March). On my current list of priorities, the cattle handling facility is the highest.

Kathie in Thorp":crg5wdaz said:
Well, auction's over. What's your guess on what that used sweep tub and alleys went for? (Clue: My $1,900 bid was buried in the dust in about 3 seconds.)
More then 1900! That's my guess

Latest posts