Kirstie Alley died.....RIP

Help Support CattleToday:

I read it and comprehended it the 1st time I read it.
Drs push the colonoscopy because they get more insurance $$ from it than the fecal lab work. It's part of their MMGL/Never Done list that they focus on to the point of a fetish instead of taking care of what IS or may actually be wrong with their patient at the time of their visit.
I won't further disrupt this thread with that part of it tho, other than to say........

Next week is diarrhea awareness week

Runs until Friday 😄

This type of thing happens in all sectors it seems.
Chasing that almighty dollar over what is actually best for the patient, client, whatever.

Really is kind of a sad deal

My dad told me in no uncertain terms to be extra careful with colonoscopies because according to his network of other senior citizens the procedure has the risk of introducing cancerous cells into the patient if the equipment is not new or is poorly sterilized.

Do your own research, but that may be a question to ask your primary care provider.

I got a colonoscopy a couple of years ago, when I was 46 or so. They had just lowered the recommendation to 45. I'll do it as recommended, it's preventative maintenance.

My brother got one around age 35 due to some abdominal pain. He had a bunch of polyps and was told if he'd have waited he would've had colon cancer by 50. This spurred me to action. I'd rather have the couple days of aggravation from the cleanout than a colostomy bag.
Hits pretty close to home, Friday was the 1 year anniversary of my last radiation and chemotherapy treatment for rectal cancer. I get a colonoscopy every year, last time I had 11 precancerous polyps, not related to my cancer. My little sister, granny and aunt all had colon cancer. I'm trying to avoid the bag but it's been hell. But it could always be worse!!

In place of a colonoscopy which is very invasive, you can also send fecal matter to a lab to get tested.

The OP said that in 2022 colo and rectal cancer are the most common types. Any idea why they spiked in 2022?
I can't rely on pooping In a box, Dr says wouldn't have caught my cancers.

My dad told me in no uncertain terms to be extra careful with colonoscopies because according to his network of other senior citizens the procedure has the risk of introducing cancerous cells into the patient if the equipment is not new or is poorly sterilized.

Do your own research, but that may be a question to ask your primary care provider.
I have a buddy who works on those things. He solders and repairs them.

As far as why the cancers spiked in 2022, I have a pretty good idea...

My wife does a lot of colonoscopies. I didn't know about the fetish thing or trying to get insurance money so I will have to ask about that. I just assumed she was trying to help people. Not sure I care, we have cows to buy you know!

From someone who has been through the testing a lot. I began having issues in my early 40's. Each test polyps were taken out and I was told to change many things I was doing. At 56 I had to have a foot of my colon removed. The surgery had complications, partly because of me not doing what I should. Wore a bag for 8 months. Colon was repaired. Finally have mostly recovered. Last colostomy was decent and up to 2 years before the next one.
Yes, getting ready for the test is a pain. Yes it's not a great feeling when you get there. But an hour after it's over you can go back to doing things like before.
I encourage everyone to not put it off. Get tested.

Had my first one 6 months ago. Dreaded it based on all I had heard. None of it was bad. Mixed some tasteless powder with Gateraid, had to chug a glass every 15 minutes or something like that until I had consumed 64 oz. Went to the bathroom every 15 minutes for an hour or two and was done with the prep. For the procedure I was mildly sedated. I was awake and remember what the people in the room were talking about, and was aware of what was happening, but was too relaxed to care. Over in less than 15 minutes.

Don't let the stories you hear keep you from doing it!

What happens when you drink 10 oz of Magnesium Citrate? I'm glad you asked...

12:05 pm: It's time. You shotgun a 10 oz bottle like it's a lukewarm PBR and you don't want to be a coward in front of your older brother's friends. It's suppose to be grape flavored but it's becoming quite clear that whoever led the R&D team that day has never actually tasted anything grape in their life. You are already regretting this decision.

12:06 pm: You deep throat a cupcake like you've been saving it for the apocalypse because let's face it...that time is here. It's going to turn to liquid form before it even clears your throat but you don't care. All is right in the world at this moment. Hold on to that. You're about to enter a very dark period in your life.

12:37 pm: First sign of life. The pressure is growing. You already have 5 lbs of crap in your colon and you basically just drank the "safe for humans" version of Drano. You feel a poop coming on finally. You think it's time. You're wrong. You get a little snake turd as a teaser. Take note...this is the last semi-solid thing you will see leaving your body for the next 24 hours.

12:57 pm: That little science experiment you got cooking is about to reach it's boiling point. Your stomach is angry now. It hates you...you can feel it. You have exactly .3 seconds to make it to the nearest toilet but you can't run... NEVER run! You pray to god there is enough elasticity in your butthole to keep the gates closed 5 more steps as you start to preemptively undo your pants to save valuable time. Almost there. 3...2...1...

12:58 pm: Sweet Mary, mother of God...is this real life? Your cheeks barely hit the seat and all hell breaks loose. The crap / water mixture you've just created comes out with such force that it actually sprays the back of the toilet bowl at a 45 degree angle thus deflecting it in every direction but down. Is that blood? False alarm. That's just the remnants of a cherry pie you ate at Thanksgiving...when you were 5. The smell is horrid...the sound is frightening. You try to clench whats left of your butthole to soften the blow but it's not working. The whole house just heard your liquid shart as it gurgled out of your ass.

1:06 pm- 8:30 pm: Everything's a blur. You have **** out everything you have ever eaten since the day you were born, everything your ancestors have ever eaten since the early 1800's, and your butthole now feels like you have a flaming hot Cheeto and the tears of a thousand Jalapeno seeds stuck in it. You're now curled up in the bathtub ugly crying because you have to remain within arm's reach of the toilet at all times. You have the poop sweats. You meet Jesus.

8:37 pm: Your family will never be able to unsee the things they've seen in the last 8 hours. You're broken. Your butthole's broken. Your spirit's broken. Life as you know it will never be the same. But...tomorrow's a new day. You're going to wake up, throw on the only remaining pair of underwear you have that doesn't have a **** stain on it, and you're going to run up to Target with the last shred of dignity you have left...and buy yourself a new toilet brush. You've earned it.

I once contracted dysentery in a far off land. Tweren't fun.. compounded by the fact that the only available toilet paper was little bitty...View attachment 23750

I'm sure that wasn't fun. A few weeks ago a stomach virus make the rounds in my son-in-law's family. When his 5-year old son got it he referred to it as "poop soup".