Real Estate

Help Support CattleToday:

I dont understand....It doesnt sound like its priced too high, you cant build a house for that anymore.
Arkie, lots of Texas gets very cold in the winter.. So, a lot of houses have fireplaces or wood stoves... We heat our house mostly with wood in the winter.

Yesterday the listed price was much much higher, like in nine digit range. Guess it's been corrected.

DLD":4boj0zhb said:
Yesterday the listed price was much much higher, like in nine digit range. Guess it's been corrected.
See--Brexit done started affecting our economy--housing value dropped 99% overnight.

kerley":jz4cexh5 said:
$355.00 per month in property tax, Is that the norm for Texas ?

Its higher than my county. Texas has no income tax. They fund schools with property taxes, mostly.

kerley":4rbgle0s said:
$355.00 per month in property tax, Is that the norm for Texas ?
Probably about right especially if it's located inside a city limits. School taxes would be well over half of that amount.

cowgirl8":1d2h5a6j said:
I dont understand....It doesnt sound like its priced too high, you cant build a house for that anymore.
Arkie, lots of Texas gets very cold in the winter.. So, a lot of houses have fireplaces or wood stoves... We heat our house mostly with wood in the winter.

I know it gets cold in TX too cowgirl. I'm not too far north from ya'll. :cboy:

Yes, but I haven't used it in a few years. We are starting to settle into our new house. Once I get the pastures, fences and other chores all squared away, I plan on getting my radio shack put together.

That's CHEAP.. a house around here starts somewhere around 3x that for this hick town.
my cousin bought a house on a nice lot in the city 5 years ago for $440K.. sold it last month, 90 visitors to the open house, sold for $40K above asking at $850K

Want an acreage? Looking at half a million to start

arkie1":3f4c8rb8 said:
A fireplace? In Texas?
It gets cold in Texas....We are the state of extremes..
The prices don't seem unreasonable..My mom has a nice house near Dallas. I think in 1966, they paid something like 12,000 for it. The houses in that neighborhood now sell for around 120,000...and its a simple house that is around 70 yrs old.
Out where we live, you cant build a house now for under 200,000....that's turn key, not a finish yourself..
We built our house in 1990 and did most of the work ourselves. With everything, road, electric lines, water, and the house was around 70,000....but we did a lot of the work and got a lot of the stuff on sale...electricity, painting, all the finish work....

Latest posts