Rare Hog Breeds

Help Support CattleToday:

purecountry

Reaction score
A friend in our Grazing Club is looking for some Tamworth or Old Gloucestershire Spot breeding stock for his organic free-range operation. So I told him I'd ask on a forum full of the most knowledgeable producers from across the globe. When I find that forum, I'll ask there too, but in the mean time, has anybody on here got any ideas? :p

Didn't know where else to ask. Maybe I'll do a search for PigsToday.net

I'd suugest you call the The American Livestock Breeds Conservancy. They should have a list of breeders for these rare breeds.

Their web site is: The American Livestock Breeds Conservancy
Phone Number is: Telephone: (919) 542-5704

Good Luck.

purecountry":2mb5jsga said:
A friend in our Grazing Club is looking for some Tamworth or Old Gloucestershire Spot breeding stock for his organic free-range operation. So I told him I'd ask on a forum full of the most knowledgeable producers from across the globe. When I find that forum, I'll ask there too, but in the mean time, has anybody on here got any ideas? :p

Didn't know where else to ask. Maybe I'll do a search for PigsToday.net
A good friend of mine that lives just right down the road raises Purebred Tamworth Hogs. They are really good meat hogs. They kind of look like a Hereford. :cboy:

Thanks folks. I checked through the Conservancy with no luck. But I did have some luck contacting a breeder I found on the Gloucestershire Old Spots website. They had just lost their one breeding sow, but linked me with 3 other breeders. As for Tamworths, still looking.

Hill Creek - would your neighbour have any stock for sale?

purecountry":2zon18bo said:
Thanks folks. I checked through the Conservancy with no luck. But I did have some luck contacting a breeder I found on the Gloucestershire Old Spots website. They had just lost their one breeding sow, but linked me with 3 other breeders. As for Tamworths, still looking.

Hill Creek - would your neighbour have any stock for sale?
I will get with him and let you know. What are you exactly looking for, boars, sows, gilts? :cboy:

Latest posts