Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":2z48h93t said:
Getting a shower here right now.
Ran me in the house bright light falling from the sky.

I'm dry....grass is not growing much and tank is dropping. 3 inches would be a good start.

It looks like mid July around here. We're at 52% of normal and normal is only 13 inches. What we did get all came early and then stopped about mid December. I have plenty of feed but I have to wean this week because if I wait any longer there won't be any water in the creek to hold my calves on.
I did find out what happened, though. My wife was moaning about the flowers that didn't bloom... Turns out she bought seed that's all native to the Texas hill country. :bang: I told her next year we're planting pacific northwest varieties. That way even if Washington has a bad year I'll still be in tall grass.

slick4591":plgkea4u said:
Caustic Burno":plgkea4u said:
We have got 3/4 an inch in the last thirty minutes.
It is coming down.

And the sun is shining up here. Maybe we'll get some when the front pushes through tomorrow night.

We started get shower's about 4 pm and it has been raining steady since 6:30 pm.

Caustic Burno":2nguobmi said:
Getting a shower here right now.
Ran me in the house bright light falling from the sky.

I actually got to see lightning strike a tree less than 100yds from me this last storm. Luckily I was in the truck just cruising watching it rain. It hit a big tree in an open field. Amazing! Blew a bunch of the bark off the tree. Saw the neighbor today, told him he might as well just cut it down now.

3.25 and still falling.

11AE1689-D7BA-4670-8CB4-553426072B44-5007-0000057F4D2C15BC.jpg

AA478C3D-AE5E-4183-B3E9-FE3E260FD76B-5007-0000057F52075D9D.jpg

Turns out the front that pushed through yesterday left me a whopping tenth of an inch. Guess it's better than a poke in the eye.

5 1/2 inchs in my gauge yesterday........... we are rotton,, but one extreme follows another.. my first cutting last year was pitiful... this year ill have to cut it in first gear

It has been raining here for 3 days off and on. I have no words for the joy i feel other than Praise God.

we got three quarters of an inch since midnight, I know this isn't much rain for some of y'all but it's a pretty good rain for us, with more forecasted for this afternoon.

Latest posts