Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

john250":1aq7dmmc said:
jedstivers":1aq7dmmc said:
Another 1-2" last night. We were almost dry on the lowest ground, have planted a lot of acres and sprayed and fertilized and plowed.

It's late in Indiana, must be really late in Arkansas.
It's not late for beans, lot of beans planted behind wheat here. The wheat is behind though, usually start wheat harvest the first of June but it looke like the 7th-10th before it starts.

Ouachita":1swxmc4t said:
5 tornados went thru last night in the south and east part of our county. Started raining at 4pm yesterday until about 3am this morning, most of it between 11pm and 2am. I only had 7 inches but several places in the county reported over 11 in that time period. Scott County Sheriff and a game warden lost there life doing swift water rescue during the night. Major flooding. Maybe the worst we've ever had. Fiber optic cables cut and phones have been down. Cell service is overloaded and intermittent. Don't even know the extent of damage or lives lost, but have heard 100's of cattle lost along the Ouachita and Fourche Rivers. We are in a rural area, so you probably won't see anything in the news.

Fort Smith news is reporting this.......... http://5newsonline.com/2013/05/31/photo ... nty-flood/
I hadn't heard about any of that. That's really bad.

We need some rain here. Pond is down 3" already and the yard is burned up. At least we have a good chance for rain the next 2 weeks.

highgrit":3tph4sbf said:
We need some rain here. Pond is down 3" already and the yard is burned up. At least we have a good chance for rain the next 2 weeks.
High grit I see you have a heathen in your community too.

I would kill for 5 inches now even though im not done planting my corn is burning up and i need to cut my winter wheat.

skyhightree1":2uxgl8aa said:
I would kill for 5 inches now even though im not done planting my corn is burning up and i need to cut my winter wheat.
Now that's like cutting hay and spreading fertilizer on the same day....

Get after cutting the wheat. That should make it rain... on the wheat. :nod:

slick4591":1ethswhq said:
Front came through this morning and left .65".

I was out filling the spray tank with water, hadn't put the chemical's in and heard rumbling to the north.
Well I guess I am not spraying today after looking at radar. On top of that my hay isn't going to get cut today.
Oh Well there is alway's tomorrow I will take the rain.

Latest posts