Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

it started raining at 330 this afternoon.an so far weve had close to 1.5in of rain so far.going to make a good cutting of hay.

Caustic Burno":3ekv0ky8 said:
We have a strong line bearing down on us in the next 30 mins to hour.

It's here. Pouring,wind, lightning. We need the rain tho.
No hail (yet).
Black dot is me.
wedam.jpg

The OK City storm news and pics has the wife...... "nervous".
I sprayed 250 gals of herbicide today--should have become rain proof by now tho.

Caustic Burno":3hc3sh25 said:
Just finished spraying an hour ago and it is raining it's butt off
That may still have been enough time to become rain fast CB--I sprayed a 2/3 tank (200 gals) late yesterday evening right before dark, it rained some not long after dark and the plants still looked all bent over and wilted this morning. Leaf tips were turning black this evening.
Yep, I figured you got some good rain--and wind. We were at TSC in Livingston at 5:30-600pm tonight, wind was blowing like heck just as we got into town and it poured while we were inside getting surfactant. Got back home--not a drop had fallen here.
I should finish up my spraying tomorrow or Monday except for some wand spraying near the water holes.
I just hope it's all or mostly really dying and not just "hurt".

We got a good soaking last night and this morning. Looks like some more could building. Got all the gay fields fertilized last week after that good rain.

Our stuff in McMullen county got pounded. 5" in 3min. My phone was lit up with calls about roads washed out.

5 tornados went thru last night in the south and east part of our county. Started raining at 4pm yesterday until about 3am this morning, most of it between 11pm and 2am. I only had 7 inches but several places in the county reported over 11 in that time period. Scott County Sheriff and a game warden lost there life doing swift water rescue during the night. Major flooding. Maybe the worst we've ever had. Fiber optic cables cut and phones have been down. Cell service is overloaded and intermittent. Don't even know the extent of damage or lives lost, but have heard 100's of cattle lost along the Ouachita and Fourche Rivers. We are in a rural area, so you probably won't see anything in the news.

Fort Smith news is reporting this.......... http://5newsonline.com/2013/05/31/photo ... nty-flood/

Ouachita":rpg8c1op said:
5 tornados went thru last night in the south and east part of our county. Started raining at 4pm yesterday until about 3am this morning, most of it between 11pm and 2am. I only had 7 inches but several places in the county reported over 11 in that time period. Scott County Sheriff and a game warden lost there life doing swift water rescue during the night. Major flooding. Maybe the worst we've ever had. Fiber optic cables cut and phones have been down. Cell service is overloaded and intermittent. Don't even know the extent of damage or lives lost, but have heard 100's of cattle lost along the Ouachita and Fourche Rivers. We are in a rural area, so you probably won't see anything in the news.

Fort Smith news is reporting this.......... http://5newsonline.com/2013/05/31/photo ... nty-flood/

Prayer's with yall.

So far we have not had any reports of folks losing their life in our county. I just saw the news about the twisters in and near Ok City. They really need to be in our prayers.
It's difficult for me to forecast what might happen later tonight/morning, but we are in the path of the same system. The tornadoes last evening did a lot of property damage, but the flood waters did the most. People lost entire structures, vehicles and livestock to the water. We are out now surveying the damage and helping.
I'm lucky I live on high ground. I only have fence to fix so far

jedstivers":2mdpqv9r said:
Another 1-2" last night. We were almost dry on the lowest ground, have planted a lot of acres and sprayed and fertilized and plowed.

We got 3.03 inches last night, and expecting another 4 inches tonight! I love the rain, but after an inch it just runs away!!!

Latest posts