China produces 55 billion tons of fake rain every year, think they are causing our droughts?

Help Support CattleToday:

The grasshoppers all moved to SE Montana. They are thick up there.

Magpies are back. They were diminishing in number, due to the pour-on used on cattle,
but they are back. We are glad to see them. Crazy birds for sure.
They say Magpies are very smart, can even mimic a few words, and they are supposed to have a very good memory.

Those that think they can control the weather are either a newcomer or a damn fool. I don't believe we can control mother nature, oh we can try and maybe thing we can, but in reality we can't. Is there global warming, maybe, maybe not. We should do our best to keep things clean as we can, but not kill ourselves off just to save the planet that probably does not need saving.
It all comes down to population, the paddock is overstocked. Maybe down the track when all the carbon saving calculations don't deliver the desired outcomes our world leaders might twig on this fact and get advice on grazing management from farmers.

Ken

It all comes down to population, the paddock is overstocked. Maybe down the track when all the carbon saving calculations don't deliver the desired outcomes our world leaders might twig on this fact and get advice on grazing management from farmers.

Ken
Cattle have been keeping carbon sequestered in soil since ruminants evolved. They are a net benefit to the human friendly ecology.

Cattle have been keeping carbon sequestered in soil since ruminants evolved. They are a net benefit to the human friendly ecology.
You're preaching to the choir. Any way to convince the general public when they think 100% of beef production is a feedlot?

So everybody is upset with climate change but cool with them literally changing the climate?

Feast, famine, flood or drought this rock is gonna do what it does and has for millions of years. We are just along for the ride. What once was an ocean is now a desert and likely will be again one day. All we have done as humans is trash the place up, literally.
I like that.

You're preaching to the choir. Any way to convince the general public when they think 100% of beef production is a feedlot?

i doubt it. the propaganda is strong. in the kids books they are teaching cows are terrible creatures responsible for climate change!!! About every mag you pick up has anti-beef stories or ads in it. I watched a part of some youtube video with some big time youtuber and bill gates "eating" fake meat.. saying how great it was.... .ALL the comments "I'm gonna stop eaztin dis meat!!! its so bad for earth!!! blah blah... it had like 50 million views.... .think about that.... Soon, the public will be swayed. Hopefully the exports keep rising like they are b/c domestic demand has been pretty stagnant for a while.

I just read they took away 7 of 8 BLM allotments in Montana (65k acres) from beef cattle and are going to let the bison free range year round on it... .taking down all interior fences.. "nature doesn't allow conservation" is the advice they took from some yuppy group.

I just read they took away 7 of 8 BLM allotments in Montana (65k acres) from beef cattle and are going to let the bison free range year round on it... .taking down all interior fences.. "nature doesn't allow conservation" is the advice they took from some yuppy group.
Maybe I'm mixing 2 different stories, but thought the bison 'free range' program was by Native Americans in an expansion of reservation land grazing rights.

Maybe I'm mixing 2 different stories, but thought the bison 'free range' program was by Native Americans in an expansion of reservation land grazing rights.
There was something on 60 Minutes last Sunday about a bison restocking (?) idea, also involving Native Americans. They are buying up ranches as the ranches are coming up for sale. Their goal is pretty expansive. I think the organization was called "American Prairie".

Ken

Cull the old broken mouths?

There was something on 60 Minutes last Sunday about a bison restocking (?) idea, also involving Native Americans. I think the organization was called "American Prairie".
The blm link provided by b.duke says "American Prairie" is getting 6 allotments and the majority of the fencing will remain in place, but some fences will be removed to combine pastures into larger grazing areas.
Makes sense if you're raising buffalo.

The blm link provided by b.duke says "American Prairie" is getting 6 allotments and the majority of the fencing will remain in place, but some fences will be removed to combine pastures into larger grazing areas.
Makes sense if you're raising buffalo.
I wonder how they will deal with brucellosis? I'd expect a yearly round-up and vaccinations, I guess. I hear they are going to be wolf tolerant too, so the neighbors may have some problems.

One of the interesting things they do is set up wildlife cameras on neighboring property and they pay for pictures, priced depending on what gets photographed. Wolf is at the top of the list and some other critters pay some good money. I think they said there is a limit of 6K monthly. It looks like it is set up as a way to be diplomatic to neighbors that would otherwise be pretty uncomfortable.

In the upcoming years, we'll all be complaining about too much rain. This is fact....
Pretty sure I read somewhere that the long term climate trend for the US is wetter and colder in fact contrary to all the global warming rhetoric.

Latest posts