Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Left Missouri Wed morning in the rain and drove thru it for two days coming home. The 40mph crosswind(Caustic's NOrth Wind) cost me about 3MPG all the way across Kansas.

Now for the good news. For the first time in months we are at or above the precip for the month. It is only the 19th of April and we are at normal precip for the month. It's starting to look like some prayers have been answered.

BTW for some perspective we have received 1.14 in for April and are thrilled about it. You folks who get 3 in in a day cannot imagine how little water we have to work with here!

sim.-ang.king":206eco9x said:
Since when did a river run threw my pasture? and it just appeared in 4 hours. I'm going to blame global warming, and a glacier choking up the Mississippi. :lol2:
8662049398_bfb3edd98b_z.jpg

8660951581_eb2f179128_z.jpg

8662050212_ddd8234010_z.jpg

8662048356_e1b0293103_z.jpg

8660946611_aaa94a09df_z.jpg

wow...that sucks. Well atleast the cows have a big pool to bath in lol and water at the ready. :lol:

Fog....we actually had a couple of those back in January or February. Musta had a pretty good frost Friday or Saturday. Some of those thistle are looking like they caught a whiff of 2,4-d. I think that takes care of all the February thunder

jedstivers":1d5zm7qx said:
We have rain back in for Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Monday.
Around here that doesn't mean a thing.... :D well maybe it does mean it's going to be cloudy. Maybe.

1982vett":3w0gy4or said:
Nothing.....Rained west, south and east of us.

Well Vett it must have boiled down to a couple of thing's either ya'll aint putting enough in the plate on Sunday or the preacher isn't passing it on.

1982vett":3joewc1n said:

Something is wrong here because for the last 2 or 3 days I have seen storms just north of me which would pretty well put those right over your place. I figured your grass was probably a foot and a half tall by now. The only thing that seems to like my meager amount of rainfall is thistle.

Caustic Burno":2zifyrxy said:
1982vett":2zifyrxy said:

Well Vett it must have boiled down to a couple of thing's either ya'll aint putting enough in the plate on Sunday or the preacher isn't passing it on.
Oh shoot....I thought we just didn't need it. ;-)

Like I said...resembles 2011 way to much.

James T":bty353d3 said:
1982vett":bty353d3 said:

Something is wrong here because for the last 2 or 3 days I have seen storms just north of me which would pretty well put those right over your place. I figured your grass was probably a foot and a half tall by now. The only thing that seems to like my meager amount of rainfall is thistle.
Well the one Sunday morning at 2 am did us nice and did almost triple our rainfall total since mid February.

Last night's followed the river up then headed to College Station then on the other side it was the Yegua it followed. Anything you have seen in my direction has been the Chriesman to Rita area.

Latest posts