Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Don't know about ya'll but we got us some water and lots of it. Schools out today cause our roads are rivers.

Jo, we've had almost 8" in the last couple of days. Not a good time for one of the overflows to get stopped up. Looks like the rain has stopped for now. Maybe Hook will get some rain, looks like it's going to get bad down his way.

Lucky you guys!!!

I remember it being pretty dry down there a couple years ago I hope it helps everyone recover from the drought.

I'm hearing reports of 10 inches since Friday.
When it rains, it pours I guess. Have any of you who had been in the drought last year had enough moisture to ease the drought? We were very dry last year, and have got some moisture, but no where near enough to alleviate the drought here. We have zero sub-soil moisture, could be an interesting spring/summer. I hear reports of having a wet/cool spring, but it doesnt seem to rain/snow very easy here yet anyway. Glad some of you are getting some moisture.
Jenna

We got anywhere from 10 - 15 inches. Septic tanks are straining but still working. I see ponds that haven't held water in several years are overflowing. Sun is shining and temp is in the 60's and grass is jumping but someone mentioned snow this weekend. Its a good thing to go into the spring with this much water cause this will help give us afternoon showers later.

i quit counting after 10 inches. but it was less than 15. ponds are full, two ran over the dams, minor damage. clover is underwater. need to dry out a few days before i can graze wheat.

Beefy":3au44nd6 said:
i quit counting after 10 inches. but it was less than 15. ponds are full, two ran over the dams, minor damage. clover is underwater. need to dry out a few days before i can graze wheat.

If you count last week's rain, Ben Hill county is pushing 22 inches.

And, NO, I'm not complaining.

Beefy":121kkm89 said:
This is amazing :shock: our annual rainfall averages 16 inches. We've had 8 inches from Oct - Dec, nothing since Dec :help: . With our soil we would be talking 'flood' if 10 inches hit us in a short period. We have a summer rainfall so have until April for something to happen.

we probably wont get anymore until this time next year either! lol?

Latest posts