Raids - illegal

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie":2918k4sd said:
Hey, aplusmnt, maybe this will make you feel better about McCain? Apparently he didn't have much to do with the proposed immigration bill. He just showed up for the press conference announcing it. Or at least that's what another Senator involved in the negotiations claimed.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/capitol-briefing/

Nope, only makes him sound worse!

Angus/Brangus":190pzo8z said:
Alice":190pzo8z said:
VanC":190pzo8z said:
Well, as long as we're talking about the immigration bill:

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/Fred ... rehensible

That good old boy makes sense, doesn't he! :)

Alice

Fred Thompson says: "We should scrap this "comprehensive" immigration bill and the whole debate until the government can show the American people that we have secured the borders -- or at least made great headway. That would give proponents of the bill a chance to explain why putting illegals in a more favorable position than those who play by the rules is not really amnesty."

He does hit the nail on the head doesn't he?

Being in the emploment business, I have sponsored many immigrants for H1B's who went through the legal immigration process, paids thousands in various fees, submitted to background/drug screens AND took jobs many others didn't take. Now, we're supposed to seriously consider allowing the ILLEGAL immigrants to stay without their doing much of anything? What kind of message does this send to the others who came here through legal methods?

Amen Angus/Brangus and AMEN to what Fred Thompson said...

Here's my 2 Cents worth:

You've come here Illegally. We should retain the right to gather all of your asses up, and ship you back to where you came from. You're a threat to National Security, and to the future of OUR Country.My Forefathers did not fight for this land to see it get sold down the river, and become a haven for people only here to reap the benefits of sending U.S. Dollars thru Western Union at Wal-Mart.

If you would like us to consider Citizenship for you or your Family, we'll examine you on a "case to case" basis.What will you be contributing? Would you be willing to lay your Life on the line for OUR Country in the Armed Forces? Rest assured, there wont be any free rides, or welfare. You get sick, or hurt, you'll need insurance, or your own funds to pay the bills.You WONT be hangin' that Mexican flag on your rear view mirror, nor will you be putting it on your Bumper.Proud of where you're from? Leave now.YOUR Country might need you.

Crowderfarms":1eob42zj said:
Here's my 2 Cents worth:

You've come here Illegally. We should retain the right to gather all of your asses up, and ship you back to where you came from. You're a threat to National Security, and to the future of OUR Country.My Forefathers did not fight for this land to see it get sold down the river, and become a haven for people only here to reap the benefits of sending U.S. Dollars thru Western Union at Wal-Mart.

If you would like us to consider Citizenship for you or your Family, we'll examine you on a "case to case" basis.What will you be contributing? Would you be willing to lay your Life on the line for OUR Country in the Armed Forces? Rest assured, there wont be any free rides, or welfare. You get sick, or hurt, you'll need insurance, or your own funds to pay the bills.You WONT be hangin' that Mexican flag on your rear view mirror, nor will you be putting it on your Bumper.Proud of where you're from? Leave now.YOUR Country might need you.

I agree, the days are past on what can we (America) do for you? The question is what can they do for us? If they have a skill that is needed, then their case for citizenship might get approved, if they do not offer something that America needs then it may be denied.

The line of thinking that America was founded by immigrants is an old and wore out one. There comes a time when the boat is full, and more passengers will not fit, to many new passengers and the boat will sink. I think America's boat is sinking and it is time to stop the boarding!

Reading these posts a question came to mind.
How many of the known terrorists were in this country illegally?
To my knowledge most of these terrorists were farely well educated, not the kind of people that are comming across the river to get farm or other labor jobs. The terrorists are the people that come here by just walking over with all the proper paper work in hand. Or maybe even invited by employment companys to fill a need as a skilled worker.
The problem is not the employers. They have a need and it is filled. The employers have a need because the consumer has a need. So in effect it is all of us that use the benifet of these workers. Your food, your home and what ever else they help produce. When you buy it you advocate it. We all take for granted that things would not change if we sent all the illegals back out of the country. But who would fill those jobs? prices would sore,and production would drop, And wages for people that sat on their butts would skyrocket for whatever little work they would put out.
Solution; Every single one should be checked out. The ones that are already here have already been trained to do a job that benefits us. Cut off all benefits. They are not US citizens and should not get them. They are here to work for our benefit not their countries. If they break the law, put them in jail. If they want benefits, send them home. They are not here to use our hospitals, get educated, or take advantage of other government benefits. They are here to benefit us. We have allowed all this to happen because of the people we vote for.

Novatech, when you brought up breaking the law...putting them in jail should they commit a crime...I had a scary and overwhelming thought.

Of course, the illegal immigrants should go to jail if they commit a crime here...however, our jails are soooo full right now AND it costs a fortune to house, feed, maintain, and generally take care of prisoners. Nevermind the cost to take them to court, provide them an attorney, etc.

So, says my thought process, just ship them back, but then again, that takes a lot of money. And, they come back, 'cause Mexico isn't gonna prosecute them for a crime committed in the States, and we get to do it all over again! Talk about a governmental money pit!

It's all beginning to sound hopeless... :(

Alice

Alice":1ch9xs9l said:
Of course, the illegal immigrants should go to jail if they commit a crime here...however, our jails are soooo full right now AND it costs a fortune to house, feed, maintain, and generally take care of prisoners. Nevermind the cost to take them to court, provide them an attorney, etc.

So, says my thought process, just ship them back, but then again, that takes a lot of money. And, they come back, 'cause Mexico isn't gonna prosecute them for a crime committed in the States, and we get to do it all over again! Talk about a governmental money pit!

It's all beginning to sound hopeless... :(

Alice

Heard a statistic the other day that said 28% of the people in our prisons are Illegal immigrants. Kind of shows the danger of allowing it to go on. Pretty big number when you consider they make up about 3% of our population.

novatech":kqzrw33u said:
The problem is not the employers. They have a need and it is filled. The employers have a need because the consumer has a need. So in effect it is all of us that use the benifet of these workers. Your food, your home and what ever else they help produce. When you buy it you advocate it. We all take for granted that things would not change if we sent all the illegals back out of the country. But who would fill those jobs? prices would sore,and production would drop, And wages for people that sat on their butts would skyrocket for whatever little work they would put out.

This is not necessarily the case. I live in area that has a good supply of illegal immigrants. I could have an endless supply of illegals at $7.00 per hour maybe even $6.00. But instead I chose to hire American citizens at $10.00 per hour. The problem is not always that no one will do the job, just that they will not do it for that price.Illegal immigration stifles the natural progression of wages. The free market works on supply and demand. And when an artificial supply is created through illegal immigration then the natural wage progression does not work as it should. Similar to when there was slaves in America.

You ask who would fill the jobs if all the illegals were sent home? Either Americans would fill them, or the millions of people that want to move to America legally and have been waiting for years on a list. I bet if we ran an add in the world news, 10,000,000 jobs available please send resumes to Uncle Sam @ Washington D.C. we might just get a few people world wide willing to fill those missing illegals jobs. It is about us controlling who comes into our country, not the criminals deciding for us!

Pretty basic solution. Just no none is willing to pursue it!

One of the issues of this bill that is not even being addressed or mentioned by any of the promoters of it-WHAT WILL IT COST? What will John Doe, you and me taxpayer, have to pay to fund it?
It appears they want to slip it thru before anyone finds out.... :mad: :mad: $2.2 to $3+ TRILLION seems like an excessive expense for the corporate world to get cheap labor and the rich and elite to have poolboys, maids, and nannies.

A Heritage Foundation study found a household headed by an individual without a high school education, including about two-thirds of these illegal aliens, costs U.S. taxpayers more than $32,000 in federal, state and local benefits. That same family contributes an average of $9,000 a year in taxes, resulting in a net tax burden of $22,449 each year.
Over the course of the household's lifetime that tax burden translates to $1.1 million. If the lower figure of 12 million illegal aliens is used for estimation purposes, the total tax burden translates to $2.2 trillion.

It is estimated their are between 12 and 20 million illegal aliens already in the country.

Angus/Brangus":1ib3v29x said:
novatech":1ib3v29x said:
Reading these posts a question came to mind.
How many of the known terrorists were in this country illegally?

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_im ... ted_States
Mohamed Atta al-Sayed and two of his co-conspirators had expired visas when they executed the September 11, 2001 attacks. All of the attackers had U.S. government issued documents and two of them were erroneously granted visa extensions after their deaths. The National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States found that the government inadequately tracked those with expired tourist or student visas.

Mark Krikorian of the Center for Immigration Studies, a think-tank that promotes stricter immigration standards and enforcement, testified in a hearing before the House of Representatives that

"out of the 48 al-Qaeda operatives who committed crimes here between 1993 and 2001, 12 of them were illegal aliens when they committed their crimes, 7 of them were visa overstayers, including 2 of the conspirators in the first World Trade Center attack, one of the figures from the New York subway bomb plot, and 4 of the 9/11 terrorists. In fact, even a couple other terrorists who were not illegal when they committed their crimes had been visa overstayers earlier and had either applied for asylum or finagled a fake marriage to launder their status." [28]

Vice Chair Lee Hamilton and Commissioner Slade Gorton of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States has stated that of the nineteen hijackers of the September 11, 2001 attacks, "Two hijackers could have been denied admission at the port on entry based on violations of immigration rules governing terms of admission. Three hijackers violated the immigration laws after entry, one by failing to enroll in school as declared, and two by overstays of their terms of admission."[29] Six months after the attack, their flight schools received posthumous visa approval letters from the INS for two of the hijackers, which made it clear that actual approval of the visas took place before the September 11 attacks [30].

The above terrorists were only known later because of documentation. How many are there that there is no documentation on? - because we allow them to cross our borders unempeded?
Yes they overstayed., but they came here legally. And someone send some of those out of work US citizens from Kansas. I pay more than $10 per hour for legal documented workers, US citizens or not. I went to Kansas a couple of years ago to open another bussiness. The pay scale was more than double for the same work. The good side was the cantractors charged triple for the same contract jobs.
As far as not putting them in jail, when they let them out at the boarder they beat the bus back to where they picked them up. The one thing the Mexican illigals are deathly afraid of is jail. Two boarder towns cut their traffic down by over 2/3's according to the news a few months ago, only because they started putting the ones in jail for a few months when they caught them.
Just so you will know it cost from $1500 to $2500 for them to get across. It would be a lot cheaper for them to be legal. And they would be if were not for the buaucarcy.

I hope Farmers Branch stays in the forefront with the media. I can't help but think that others will begin to listen and say...hey, yeah! Sometimes it takes baby steps...

Go Farmers Branch, Go!

Alice

just a quick note on this subject...if you are illegal get out. You come to America speak english. This is our country and we need to take a stand. Not just mumble under our breaths.
A friend of a friend was seeing and illegal. He told his story about walking for 80 hours in the desert drinking his own urine. I thought one are you nuts and two go home. I didn't say anything shame on me, because he was a friends friends boy toy that spoke horrible english and none around his mexician friends. Two weeks later he beat the tar out of her and when she reported him illegal, nothing was done. He was out on bail in 2 hours stalking her. How do you like that. Disgusting huh!
What disgust me more is out larger cities are crawling with them, like roaches!!! Stop eating at the resteraunts that employee them, don't get gas at that gas station they are working at.....these things can make a difference....make statements more profound than we could imagine.

Had some guys apply for jobs today. Hispanics. They had cards and Id's but none of their faces matched the id's! lol On top of that they wanted $12.00 to start as a helper. I normally pay $8.

Alice":17bxegzn said:
I hope Farmers Branch stays in the forefront with the media. I can't help but think that others will begin to listen and say...hey, yeah! Sometimes it takes baby steps...

Go Farmers Branch, Go!

Alice

Heard something on the radio that a Federal Judge was blocking them from being able to deny illegals from renting apartments.

Angus/Brangus":1h8kue8y said:
A letter from a Senator I recv'd (I'm not necessarily endorsing this - just FYI)

By U.S. Sen. John <<<<<<

As Congress debates overhauling our broken immigration system, the bottom line should be this: Will the new system be enforceable and restore respect for our laws? Or will it be unenforceable and lead to even more illegality in the future?

This is not a minor matter. America is successful because it is a nation of laws. We now have a situation in which some laws are routinely ignored. If we approve yet another law that promises reform yet again fails to deliver on its promises, our precious heritage as a nation of law will be in serious jeopardy.

Our recent experience is not reassuring. In 1986, we approved an amnesty for an estimated 3 million people here illegally but promised that we would enforce the law in the future. That promise was never honored. Unsurprisingly, we now have at least 12 million here illegally, and more watching how we handle this situation.

Even after 9-11, our record of enforcement is sadly lacking. For example, in 2004, demanding better control of our border, Congress approved a Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative that requires a U.S. passport starting this spring for anyone visiting Canada, the Caribbean, Bermuda, Mexico and other parts of Latin America.

The State and Homeland Security departments had three full years to prepare for an easily foreseeable flood of new passport applications. However, we are seeing the results. Planning and staffing for the new law has been woefully inadequate.

Tens of thousands of U.S. citizens who applied for passports in January and February of this year, anticipating travel this summer, have not yet received their documents. The passport office is in near-chaos. All over the United States, people are turning to congressional offices seeking help.

Some critics are justifiably asking: If the federal government cannot even handle routine passport applications for U.S. citizens, how can it possibly do thorough background checks and issue visas for millions of foreign-born applicants?

An oversight report last year declared that the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services already is overworked and stretched to its breaking point. Under the immigration reform bill being debated, that USCIS work-load would be tripled -- without any significant increase in resources.

For example, the new bill gives the USCIS all of 24 hours to grant a probationary "Z" visa to any undocumented alien requesting it during the first year that the law is effective. If 12 million apply as expected, that means USCIS would have to process an average of 48,000 applications every day.

But the USCIS has only 3,000 staffers to process and review applications, including background checks. The current legislation would add only 100 new adjudicators each year for five years.

Clearly, the agency is being set up for failure. We are ensuring that the new system will not be workable. Law enforcement personnel assure me that there is no way a reliable background check could be conducted within 24 hours even if sufficient personnel were available.

Other aspects are equally troubling. The 1986 amnesty failed in part because of massive document fraud. The current Senate legislation, rather than learning from the 1986 experience, instead duplicates its errors.

Under the bill, the Department of Homeland Security is again prohibited from using all information from Z visa applications to weed out ineligible applicants.

It also forbids crucial information-sharing among law enforcement agencies. For example, if an applicant is denied a Z visa on noncriminal grounds, the bill does not allow DHS to use information supplied -- such as a home address -- to locate and deport the illegal entrant.

As I traveled throughout our state last week, I found Texans profoundly skeptical about this immigration bill. Their suspicion is justified. The federal government in recent years has proven that it is not serious about securing our borders and enforcing our laws. Passing yet another law that cannot be enforced will merely add to our broad disillusionment.

Last week, President Bush asserted in a speech that those of us who have raised questions about this bill "don't want to do what's right for America." I respectfully disagree. Working to secure our borders and restoring respect for our laws is exactly what is right for America. Repeating the mistakes of 1986 is not.

Last week, President Bush asserted in a speech that those of us who have raised questions about this bill "don't want to do what's right for America."

What else is new... :roll:

Anytime the administration meets with any disagreement or opposition on anything, whomever disagrees doesn't want to do what's right for America. Before long, those opposing the Immigration Bill will be considered unAmerican. I'm over this...

Alice

Latest posts