Racism is alive and well in middle Georgia.

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree 100 percent with cb. I grew up poor in the 80s my dad was a Carpenter and there was no work in our area.. he would do whatever it took to take care of his family . Never asked for welfare or food stamps.. I didn't have a free ride to college .. but I busted my butt it learn a trade .. 20 years later I got the chance to go to college and did .. this aditude of poor me I can't get ahead because of my color is appalling. Affirmative action is racist. I got passed over for a job after college because of it .. and was told by the guy doing the hiring that he would much rather hire me because of my qualifications but couldn't because he had to meet a quota. I grew up in a town many have heard of called vidor texas.. Kkk would March on main street once a month when I was young. . We didn't have black students or teachers.. we would play the neighboring towns in football and we had to go straight to the field and straight back to the bus because we were hated . We were hated because of where we were from .. I have black friends . Character is very important to me .. if you have a poor me aditude or you are a thug I don't care what color u are . I don't like u .. yes I judge people.. but it's on character not color ..

Whne I was a kid in Seattle there weren;t a lot of blacks around. In junior high we elected a black kid as student body pres. The school and school board disallowed the election. That was my first exposure to real prejudice. Later in the Navy, it was a couple of black guys that hounded me and made me study and forced me to learn what was needed to get promoted. Later, aboard ship, you never know when the guy that is going to have to haul your butt out of trouble is going to be black, white, brown or multicolor. It's my life experiences that has pretty well pounded and possible bigotry out of me. First wife was full blooded indian, my daughter married a filipino. If I had been raised in an environment of distrust and fear things would have maybe been different.

Caustic Burno":1gacahot said:
boondocks":1gacahot said:
The discussion has been a bit focused on the teacher and the OP. To look at it a bit more carefully, how does it feel to be that young black kid? Is there any way that that kid doesn't pick up on the fact that he's thought of as inferior? What does that do to a kid's psyche?

Can you imagine a black teacher calling a black family to warn them that their child was befriending a white kid, so they better watch out because the whites are bad news?

Just a little exercise in that most essential trait, empathy.
Boy you have bought into the PC crap hook line and sinker.
The only person that keeps you down is you in this country today.
You ever hear of affirmative action were you get a job because of skin color and not ability
As well as get into a major university over a more qualified student when cant put a cohesive sentence together if your life depended on it. The majority have got everything they ask for
to be returned to an inferior person and enslaved by the Great Society.
It is a life choice and attitude my Wack niece will tell that today, Wack is her word she says I am half white half black. Attitude and apptitude are learned at home and applied in life.

"PC" has nothing to do with it. :roll: If you can't try to walk a mile in another person's shoes, you have lost a pretty essential piece of your humanity somewhere along the way. You can call that whatever you want.
One of my very best friends is black, and I see first hand what she and her family have to go through. It's not being "PC" to point that out.
Besides, you really think whites (men especially) didn't benefit from "affirmative action" for about five minutes there?! :lol:

PS: CB, I counted (very quickly, so I probably missed a few) at least 18 grammar, syntax, and spelling errors in your post. Are you quite sure you should be complaining about anyone else's inability to form a cohesive (perhaps you meant coherent?) sentence.
Glass houses being what they are...
:tiphat:

TennesseeTuxedo":227l8r5f said:
The Japanese are quite possibly the most racist folks on the planet.

Holy crap! Sorry, I married one. I absolutely faced discrimination from my wife's mother (Dad deceased) and one of her brothers.

On the other side of the coin? I have seen far worse discrimination from my own "white" race. Try being an affluent white Republican doctor that becomes disabled. That's when we tend to be ex-communicated from the club. Yah, I probably know a few things you might not have experienced.

After I got married, my lifelong republican parents started forwarding me their racist crap e-mails they got from their fellow Republican party members after that dark fellow got into the Whitehouse. The one's that tickled my fancy the most were the racist rants about every immigrant. I had to repeatedly remind them I married one and they now have two new Asian grandchildren and they now have three Asians total in the family. As is republican history, my parents never got the point. But these racist Republican posts continued to show up in my inbox, until they were both dead.

So, who is most racist perhaps is a personal choice.

gimpyrancher":zxclb6u9 said:

I have two-thirds of my family extremely conservative and the other third fairly liberal. I'm moderate/pragmatic (on most issues). So I get flak from all sides!

I am starting a new political party, the Radical Moderates, and even got t-shirts and sweatshirts. They say "Radical Moderates Unite!"

Current polarized state of the country being what it is, I think membership in my party will be, shall we say..select (meaning 6 ppl). :lol2:

A Radical Moderate? Is that a synonym for a fence straddler?

And gimpy, are you saying that you support that moron that is the leader of the free world?

gimpyrancher":8rplbp6u said:
TennesseeTuxedo":8rplbp6u said:

Holy crap! Sorry, I married one. I absolutely faced discrimination from my wife's mother (Dad deceased) and one of her brothers.

On the other side of the coin? I have seen far worse discrimination from my own "white" race. Try being an affluent white Republican doctor that becomes disabled. That's when we tend to be ex-communicated from the club. Yah, I probably know a few things you might not have experienced.

After I got married, my lifelong republican parents started forwarding me their racist crap e-mails they got from their fellow Republican party members after that dark fellow got into the Whitehouse. The one's that tickled my fancy the most were the racist rants about every immigrant. I had to repeatedly remind them I married one and they now have two new Asian grandchildren and they now have three Asians total in the family. As is republican history, my parents never got the point. But these racist Republican posts continued to show up in my inbox, until they were both dead.

I'm sorry Gimpy.

We can play grammar school yank all you want soon as I can get
to a computer and off this iPhone that I have had to use for days.You have no clue of what is like to live among animals. Act like you live in the
jungle get treated like it. I think less of blacks today than I did in the 70 s.
Because 90% here today want to choose a gangsta lifestyle of whoring drugs and thievery. Again it is not the color of their as much as the lifestyle they choose. Our white trash is growing as well to join the ranks of the pos's from the Great Society.
Secondly I don't put much stock on anyone's opinion from up north on racism absolutely hands down has to be the most racist part of our country.

It simply boils down to which mentality a person chooses. Some folks choose to be survivors (and excel in the face of adversity). Some folks choose to be victims. Empathy has nothing to do with it. Skin color has nothing to do with it. More than enough white trash out there because they CHOOSE to be. Same as any race. I know several black folks that have made great success for themselves.

gimpyrancher":zmvc06l3 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":zmvc06l3 said:

Umm gimp, republicans don't rant about immigration. They rant about illegal immigration. BIG DIFFERENCE! By
Marriage your wife came in legally and is welcomed in. Illegal immigration has nothing to do with race. Illegal Caucasians are just as unwelcome as anybody else.

It never ceases to amaze me how people twist the truth around.

bball":16u251rq said:
It simply boils down to which mentality a person chooses. Some folks choose to be survivors (and excel in the face of adversity). Some folks choose to be victims. Empathy has nothing to do with it. Skin color has nothing to do with it. More than enough white trash out there because they CHOOSE to be. Same as any race. I know several black folks that have made great success for themselves.
Bingo
Victim or Victor most choose victim.
The one I love the most when trying to play PC is my such and such friend.
They are friends with a quarifier when I hear the qualifier it's time to stuff your jeans in your boots IMO.

Caustic Burno":bb5teqhc said:
Kathie in Thorp":bb5teqhc said:
I've been watching this post for a couple days. I cannot imagine why a teacher would call a parent to say that a colored child (any color other than white) was walking down the hall with a white child, even if he/she knew you, and thought they knew how you felt about mingling (to one extreme or the other, as it might be interpreted). That teacher or hall coordinator or hall monitor should be called on the carpet. And if the principal at the school just dimissed it as nothing, he/she should be gone also. And if you, as a parent, didn't report it, you just added to the the race issues by diminishing the incident.

I can see it here easily when the majority of the population is into drugs and the welfare system
Up to there neck. When 80 to 90% have that problem here I would want that phone call to do a little
investigating. I have biracial grand kids and I would want that call

CB,I'm saying if the call was made solely to report 2 kids of different races walking together, then it wasn't right. I'm not assuming anything about either one having family/associates involved with drug deals or other junk.

Kathy what you don't get the majority here ase trash by choice and actually brag about
the lifestyle. This is not tv but the real world I would still want that call.
Think about it this if from a man with biracial grandchildren that loves them very much
there must be a heck of a problem.

Caustic Burno":326e1xif said:
Kathy what you don't get the majority here ase trash by choice and actually brag about
Think about it this if from a man with biracial grandchildren that loves them very much
It's KATHIE, and I don't know about your community or your neighborhood and who brags about what. You make a statement that "the marjority are trash." I don't know how to respond to that.

Half of this country is trash. And by trash I mean no morals. Selfish. Greedy. No ethics. And so on. Nothing to do with skin tone. It's society in general. And it's only gonna get worse. Most don't want to work. Most want to breed but not raise their kids. Most think somebody owes them something. Nobody owes nobody. People do because they wanna do. Sorry for the rant but it's what I see every day.

Kathie in Thorp":2jzbpukq said:
Caustic Burno":2jzbpukq said:
It's KATHIE, and I don't know about your community or your neighborhood and who brags about what. You make a statement that "the marjority are trash." I don't know how to respond to that.
The majority of a certain segment of our community are animals it is that simple.
They are the reason we no longer have a movie theater, bowling alley, swimming pool..
Picture the marine in DC and the type of people that attack him for sitting and eating a Big Mac
now maybe you can understand 11% of 12% of our population.
We have about 20% of the white segment that fit right in with the other bunch.

CB, I'm trying to see things as best I can from your point of view. (This is despite your wholly unsupported allegation that Northerners are more racist, which I will ignore). I guess it would be hard to live in an area where people of another race are (so you say; I'm taking you at your word) responsible for most of the crime, etc.

But I would ask that you try to see things from others' points of views. For example, I live in an area where most of the crime (okay, ALL the crime) is committed by whites. I don't extrapolate from that to whites as a whole (i.e., it doesn't make me believe that all crime is committed by whites).

It also seems like you have not had a lot of experience with middle class blacks? I was raised in a very white area, in a family that wasn't exactly marching with Rosa Parks. (My greatgrandfather was a KKK member, it pains me to say). But through my life I have become increasingly aware that there IS a black working class, and a black middle-class, and even a black upper class. (From the family and area I came from, this was a bit of a revelation). I guess, to me, you can't just lump an entire race together based on the town you live in.

I do realize there are problems--many of the same problems we see in Appalachia with whites. To me, if we were ever able to bring some semi-decent factory jobs back and give ALL the kids (chartreuse or polka-dotted, whatever) a chance at a decent job and life, you would see a lot of the crime and other problems improve.

To me, if we were ever able to bring some semi-decent factory jobs back and give ALL the kids (chartreuse or polka-dotted, whatever) a chance at a decent job and life, you would see a lot of the crime and other problems improve.
As a solution? Mostly a myth. May have been true at one time, but that horse left the gate a couple of decades ago.
FBI's own National Crime statistics tell us that.
Improve? Maybe but I suspect only very slightly.

greybeard":237zmeqk said:
To me, if we were ever able to bring some semi-decent factory jobs back and give ALL the kids (chartreuse or polka-dotted, whatever) a chance at a decent job and life, you would see a lot of the crime and other problems improve.
As a solution? Mostly a myth. May have been true at one time, but that horse left the gate a couple of decades ago.
FBI's own National Crime statistics tell us that.
Improve? Maybe but I suspect only very slightly.

Maybe not, but I don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of the drug issues etc have ramped up as the jobs went away. (Yes, I know that's correlation not causation, but I don't think it's coincidence, do you?).

One of the issues we have here is too much dilapidated old housing relative to the current workforce. There are some programs under way to train high school kids in deconstruction and reclamation; a lot of these houses have reusable building materials. I think we need some creative solutions like that, and see what works.
And enough with the "free trade" %^$#@!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts