Racism is alive and well in middle Georgia.

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always disliked the french, their superior attitude and liberal leanings just P me off. A couple of years ago someone did one those geneology deals. We were alwasy told that there was some indian blood back a long ways. Yurns out there is also french blood at the same point. Sems some french canadian fur trapper married the daughter of n Ojibway chief (Bad Pelican by name). The offspring from that married another fur trapper, then they got into the Belgian breedings. With my luck the Belgians were probably french too.

Where does racism start and stop. I born and raised south Alabama before civil rights issues, had black friends, one most admired men was black. Advance to mid 60's, job post military bus system during civil rights issues Montgomery, Al. Myself and Black friend spent many late nite hours huddling in corner hoping no bomb was tossed.
This Guy went on to earn his Masters and was head of Ala Ed in prisons before his death in 2010.
I wish and desire that my grandchildren are Caucasian as myself, but have no negative thoughts if turn otherwise.
Presently have Hispanic daughter in law, granddaughter in relationship with nice black guy, both nice and have my
blessings. Is it racist to wish and want so long as You can accept reality ????
Am 74 Yr old so this aint childhood dream. Been there, done that, lived through it in South. Examine Your mind, outside South worse on opinion of race. BIL many years ago, move to ND, said all I did trade Black & rats for Indians & roaches, So dont label South racist. We probably take better care of our Negro friends/neighbors than anyone in any other part of US ever dreamed of.

I agree. I didn't know anything about racism till I got older. I had a lot of black friends growing up. Even drove seven hours to be at her funeral. I still hate white trash and n!ggers too but I'm far from being a racist. To me, character trumps color any day of the week.

Jogeephus":1m89io73 said:
I agree. I didn't know anything about racism till I got older. I had a lot of black friends growing up. Even drove seven hours to be at her funeral. I still hate white trash and n!ggers too but I'm far from being a racist. To me, character trumps color any day of the week.
I concur.

Caustic Burno":3vham26t said:
Jogeephus":3vham26t said:
I concur.

Thumbs up!

Jogeephus":2k8fcgfc said:

Right there is my feelings too. I have friends black, white, Mexican, Korean. Also know people of each that I don't like. Best way to know if you are racist? Have you ever had a person of another race inside your house?

Better believe if I don't like you the reason lies deeper than the color of your skin. Only racist towards azzes, dumb, lazy, smart or jack it don't make any difference to me and I have seen them with all different colored hides on them. However I am sure getting tired of having it shoved down my throat everywhere I go. Racism is being fueled everyday by those that choose to use that as a cover for just being useless and getting caught at it then crying because they pay the price. You don't get shot for being black you get shot for being a perceived threat that doesn't listen to basic commands.

Truth is on some level we are all racist because we are judgemental. It's human nature. Don't believe me put a group together all but one the same race either way and watch what happens if you put a little pressure on the group.Those that scream they aren't the loudest usually are the most when you get down to it.

I'm a racist. I like Nascar racing, F1 racing, drag racing, horse racing, just about any kind of racing.

Yes it is and it's DISGUSTING! We all bleed the same color. We all have a heart that keeps us alive! On the inside, we are all the same. The outside shouldn't matter.

Spent way too long in the hospital this month. There are angels in every shape, shade, and color. I was there long enough to get to know several of them pretty good. Amazed me of all the nationalities, but the common goal was the same- to help there fellow man through some of the toughest of times.

My surgeon and her main nurse was born Chinese, my anesthesia nurse was Japanese- she stood over me for over 9 hours keeping me absolutely pain free, first overnight nurse was from India and trained in Iran before moving here, I think one was Pakistani. The nurse that probably took the best care of me, was a young black lady. She was hurting herself, but I never saw her without a smile on her face and it didn't slow her down a second. There was a Caucasian young nurse, and a PA. My other PA was of some middle Easter descent it appeared to me, and I one other nurse was second generation Vietnamese. She going on to grad school to get a master's. I don't know where Dr. Praug is from, but I will forever be thankful for what he did.

If God sees each of them equally in his eyes and can use each one of them for his work, I don't see how I'd have any standing to think otherwise.

I think we were too poor to be racist. Grandpa and dad rented several farms from an old black neighbor. That man owned several rent houses in town, but chose to live in an old house with a wood oven stove and they had to carry water to the house until he died in his eighties. He was always happy to see you. When he passed grandpa bought his shot gun, it's one of my favorites to use.

I've been watching this post for a couple days. I cannot imagine why a teacher would call a parent to say that a colored child (any color other than white) was walking down the hall with a white child, even if he/she knew you, and thought they knew how you felt about mingling (to one extreme or the other, as it might be interpreted). That teacher or hall coordinator or hall monitor should be called on the carpet. And if the principal at the school just dimissed it as nothing, he/she should be gone also. And if you, as a parent, didn't report it, you just added to the the race issues by diminishing the incident.

dun":g0pxzu9v said:
I'm a racist. I like Nascar racing, F1 racing, drag racing, horse racing, just about any kind of racing.

You forgot the best: DIRT TRACK RACING!!!

Kathie in Thorp":3f4x5ilp said:
I've been watching this post for a couple days. I cannot imagine why a teacher would call a parent to say that a colored child (any color other than white) was walking down the hall with a white child, even if he/she knew you, and thought they knew how you felt about mingling (to one extreme or the other, as it might be interpreted). That teacher or hall coordinator or hall monitor should be called on the carpet. And if the principal at the school just dimissed it as nothing, he/she should be gone also. And if you, as a parent, didn't report it, you just added to the the race issues by diminishing the incident.

I can see it here easily when the majority of the population is into drugs and the welfare system
Up to there neck. When 80 to 90% have that problem here I would want that phone call to do a little
investigating. I have biracial grand kids and I would want that call

It is alive in ky as well. I deal with it all the time but from a very different perspective. For 6 months out of year I have 9 h2a workers here from Mexico. I do things go to eat etc. with at times outside of work. It burns me up at times how people treat react to them. These are the same people here each year and I call them my friends and care about them. I will and do stick up for them in a heart beat. I see all people the same. I have way more bad dealings with whites than other races to be honest. I would have told the teacher more than she wanted to hear honestly!

The discussion has been a bit focused on the teacher and the OP. To look at it a bit more carefully, how does it feel to be that young black kid? Is there any way that that kid doesn't pick up on the fact that he's thought of as inferior? What does that do to a kid's psyche?

Can you imagine a black teacher calling a black family to warn them that their child was befriending a white kid, so they better watch out because the whites are bad news?

Just a little exercise in that most essential trait, empathy.

Yeah, when a black person crosses the line and acts american rather than afro-american they are accused of being an uncle Tom.

boondocks":2shj3di4 said:
The discussion has been a bit focused on the teacher and the OP. To look at it a bit more carefully, how does it feel to be that young black kid? Is there any way that that kid doesn't pick up on the fact that he's thought of as inferior? What does that do to a kid's psyche?

Can you imagine a black teacher calling a black family to warn them that their child was befriending a white kid, so they better watch out because the whites are bad news?

Boy you have bought into the PC crap hook line and sinker.
The only person that keeps you down is you in this country today.
You ever hear of affirmative action were you get a job because of skin color and not ability
As well as get into a major university over a more qualified student when cant put a cohesive sentence together if your life depended on it. The majority have got everything they ask for
to be returned to an inferior person and enslaved by the Great Society.
It is a life choice and attitude my Wack niece will tell that today, Wack is her word she says I am half white half black. Attitude and apptitude are learned at home and applied in life.

TennesseeTuxedo":3nq7846s said:
The Japanese are quite possibly the most racist folks on the planet.
Possibly, you can still find the old signs that say "No dogs or Chinese allowed".

Although, Californians didn't allow blacks to own property in Marin County until the 1970's.

In my experience the Afro-Sicilian residents of New Orleans are hands down the funniest racists. It's hilarious to hear those vertically challenged people with coffee colored skin going on and on about "da n-gguss".

And don't forget how much they hate native Americans out west.

Nothing new under the sun. It is in our DNA to identify our tribe as good and the other tribe as stupid.
Pretty funny article about why the French hate the British

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... OWELL.html

Caustic Burno":163uqlt0 said:
boondocks":163uqlt0 said:

Boy you have bought into the PC crap hook line and sinker.
The only person that keeps you down is you in this country today.
You ever hear of affirmative action were you get a job because of skin color and not ability
As well as get into a major university over a more qualified student when cant put a cohesive sentence together if your life depended on it. The majority have got everything they ask for
to be returned to an inferior person and enslaved by the Great Society.
It is a life choice and attitude my Wack niece will tell that today, Wack is her word she says I am half white half black. Attitude and apptitude are learned at home and applied in life.

Real hard to argue that CB..but I'm certain someone will try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts