R U A Tex'un?

Help Support CattleToday:

Dusty Britches

Reaction score
R U A Tex'un? :cboy:

1. You can properly pronounce Corsicana, Palestine, Decatur, Wichita Falls, San Antonio, Burnet, Boerne, Mexia, Waco, Amarillo, and Waxahachie.

2. A tornado warning siren is your signal to go out in the yard and look for a funnel.

3. You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.

4. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door, but by the availability of shade.

5. Stores don't have bags, they have sacks.

6. You see people wear bib overalls at funerals.

7. You measure distance in minutes.

8. Little Smokies are something you serve only for special occasions.

9. You go to the lake because you think it is like going to the ocean.

10. You listen to the weather forecast before picking out an outfit.

11. You know cowpies are not made of beef.

12. Someone you know has used a football schedule to plan their wedding date.

13. You have known someone who has had a belt buckle bigger than your fist.

14. You aren't surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, and bait all in the same store.

15. Your "place at the lake" has wheels under it.

16. A Mercedes Benz is not a status symbol; a Ford F350 4x4 is.

17. You know everything goes better with Ranch dressin'.

18. You learned how to shoot a gun before you learned how to multiply.

19. You actually understand this and you are "fixin' to" send it to your friends.

20. Finally, you are 100% Texan if you have ever heard this
conversation:

You wanna coke?"

"Yeah."

"What kind?"

"Dr Pepper!"

I'd like to see/hear a non-Texan pronounce those cities :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep! I'm a true Native Texan, 3rd generation. All of those things are true! Plus, don't forget the boys & girls names of the 50's which all had double first names, such as Billy Joe, Melba Joyce, Elizabeth Ann, Don Max, and others.

Your driving lessons were 1st driving a tractor, 2nd driving a truck, and 3rd driving a car. No driver's education...just pasture time and learning how to hook up a trailer or tractor implement. Parallel parking? Hooking up a trailer in tight spot or lining up a tractor next to overhead fuel tank.

Washing grease off of your hands with gasoline. 30 Weight oil as hand lotion. Burning wasp nests with an old wooden sucker rod wrapped in a gunny sack soaked in used oil with a touch of gasoline.

You went to "Town"--the local closest town. "Goin over to _____"--the next farthest "city". Or, "I'm goin to run to town"--quick trip for something you needed to repair something.

Chewed tobacco or Black Leaf 40 for an insect sting. Sulphur or touch of Kerosene on work boots to keep off chiggers.

No 4 Wheeled drive pickups...you just learned where you COULDN'T drive and not get stuck. Also the best way to cross a Terrace in your field.

Allergies? What are those? Thought all Texas farm & ranch people had "hay fever"...just part of the rural life. Hay fever was a little worse after you shoveled oats out of a truck or swept down a wooden grain bin.

:cboy:

I'm not from Texas but I always laugh when there is a new news anchor from out of town and they mispronounce city names. But one of my favorites was on a particularly nice day and the news man says it would be a nice day to take a walk around Lake Minnetonka. He didn't know that there is something like 115 miles of shorline around the lake. Or maybe they just walk faster back east. There was another one that sounded just like Dracula, he was funny to listen to also.

ChrisB":qqm6j35r said:
I'm not from Texas but I always laugh when there is a new news anchor from out of town and they mispronounce city names. But one of my favorites was on a particularly nice day and the news man says it would be a nice day to take a walk around Lake Minnetonka. He didn't know that there is something like 115 miles of shorline around the lake. Or maybe they just walk faster back east. There was another one that sounded just like Dracula, he was funny to listen to also.
Yeah we had a new guy do the local weather one time around july or august when everybody needed rain and his comments were something like at least you don't have to worry about it raining today. He acted alittle excited about that. I'm sure someone pointed that out to him in a hurry. :roll:

I've lived in Texas all my life but as much as I see it quoted #20 still doesn't fit. We always referred to "soda water" if we wanted a Coke, Dr. Pepper or whatever. Or maybe it's all these Germans and Bohemians around here unable to conform ;-) .

I was born and raised in west texas....out there everthang is referred to as a coke.....moved to east texas 16 years ago, and they are referred to as soda waters here.

doesnt everyone consult the football schedule before planning a wedding?

Wacko, thats where them cult people was from.

Lezbuddie? i bet some wild chicks come out of Lezbuddie.

Funny what some folks will do in TX,which president was it that was visiting TX ? I think Ronald Reagan any way they were doing a new cast welcoming him to TX and give him a tamale at an outdoor shindig,he started eating it shuck and all,kinda funny to see that look on his face when some one told him to peel the shuck off :D ................good luck

Yep, sixth generation Texan. How many of you have girls in the family with boy names? My Aunts are named, Bobbie, Jimmie, Johnnie, and Tommie.

jersey lilly":14vvzj5c said:
Good thang they didnt tell him what was inside that tamale :shock: (sometimes even I dont wanna know)

It's the stuff they boil off the hogs head.

Actually, most of the tamales that you can buy around here are made with beef roast. I've had some good ones made from venison as well.

What I don't understand about the Reagan episode is do they not have tamales in California?

milesvb":uwmzlekz said:
What I don't understand about the Reagan episode is do they not have tamales in California?
Yes they do. And some damn good ones too. Don't believe 1/2 of Hay Makers sht.

la4angus":u9saaj3s said:
milesvb":u9saaj3s said:
Yes they do. And some damn good ones too. Don't believe 1/2 of Hay Makers sht.

Still bitter,Ia4angus ? I dont believe 1/4 of what you say two bit wanna be.............good luck

Latest posts